Your listing has been removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item

My old thread closed and iv'e tried to contact all Malwarebytes emails and there is no response from their side about this issue, please give me answer here and stop ignoring my messages.

old thread:

Hi there,

I am an ebay seller and Iv'e decided to sell my Malwarebytes registrations, Iv'e used my Malwarebytes on my hosted servers and decided to sell them through eBay since I am not going to use them anymore. But for some reason I'm getting VERO report from: malwarebytes@enforcements.markmonitor.com everytime I list my item, Iv'e tried to contact through this mail and no response! I can't understand why Malwarebytes do not allowed me to sell my license information while there is many online listing that has not even removed!

Here is example of listing that not getting removed: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware-Exploit-Premium-v3-12-Lifetime-License-Genuine/292227459246

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-2018-Premium-v-3-4-4-Lifetime-Activation-Download/123060286596

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware-Exploit-Premium-v3-22-1YR-3PCs-Genuine/292337822887

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Premium-LIFETIME-1-PC-KEY-Windows-Version-3-45/173258000818

Please let me know what should I do? Thanks!

Edited by Sahar

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Unfortunately to my knowledge no one from the Malwarebytes Legal team frequents the forums here so your best bet is still to go through Support/Legal directly.  It could simply be that they are reviewing your case and that's why they haven't been able to provide a response yet.  No one from the Malwarebytes Support team or other staff members here such as Research etc. would be able to respond in any official capacity since these decisions are left up to the Legal team as they represent Malwarebytes in such matters, so I don't think that posting it here on the forums is going to help to expedite things unfortunately.

Also, please make sure to check your spam/junk folders in your email to make sure that their replies haven't been placed there by your email spam/junk filter.

I'm sorry I can't offer any more than that, but as I said, only the Legal team can address situations like this.

17 hours ago, exile360 said:

Unfortunately to my knowledge no one from the Malwarebytes Legal team frequents the forums here so your best bet is still to go through Support/Legal directly.  It could simply be that they are reviewing your case and that's why they haven't been able to provide a response yet.  No one from the Malwarebytes Support team or other staff members here such as Research etc. would be able to respond in any official capacity since these decisions are left up to the Legal team as they represent Malwarebytes in such matters, so I don't think that posting it here on the forums is going to help to expedite things unfortunately.

Also, please make sure to check your spam/junk folders in your email to make sure that their replies haven't been placed there by your email spam/junk filter.

I'm sorry I can't offer any more than that, but as I said, only the Legal team can address situations like this.

Iv'e tried to contact them through their Legal team email address but no response from their side, I think they are just ignoring my messages...

Edited by Sahar

Honestly it's likely because they're either occupied with other matters, or they're still reviewing your case, but hopefully they will get into contact with you soon.  Did you already check your spam/junk folder(s) just to make sure their replies didn't get moved there by mistake by your email spam filter?

You should read the EULA. I found this paragraph....(b) Paid License. 
If you purchased a license to the Software from Malwarebytes or from a Malwarebytes authorized reseller, then conditioned upon your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Malwarebytes grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to Execute the number of copies of the Software for which you have paid solely in executable form on the corresponding number of Devices owned or used by you.

I never read these things. The key words are "non-transferable license". In other words you purchased it and it is yours for life.

2 minutes ago, KenW said:

You should read the EULA. I found this paragraph....(b) Paid License. 
If you purchased a license to the Software from Malwarebytes or from a Malwarebytes authorized reseller, then conditioned upon your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Malwarebytes grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to Execute the number of copies of the Software for which you have paid solely in executable form on the corresponding number of Devices owned or used by you.

I never read these things. The key words are "non-transferable license". In other words you purchased it and it is yours for life.

Correct, the only way a license may be transferred to someone else, at least to my knowledge, is if you purchase a retail box copy and never install it but immediately give it to someone else (I'm not certain that selling it would be technically allowed either, and may also be a EULA violation or legal issue, especially depending on the laws in your country regarding software reselling).

1 hour ago, exile360 said:

Honestly it's likely because they're either occupied with other matters, or they're still reviewing your case, but hopefully they will get into contact with you soon.  Did you already check your spam/junk folder(s) just to make sure their replies didn't get moved there by mistake by your email spam filter?

yes, iv'e checked my inbox and spam. I guess i'll keep waiting..

OK.  I'll check with some of the other employees to see if they can expedite a response.  I know you've been waiting for a while on this and I understand it can be frustrating when all you want is an answer.

I obviously can't promise anything, but I'll give it my best try anyway, and hopefully it will yield results.

By the way, I don't know if it's related or not, but I just checked the links to the other ebay offerings you posted and 2 of them have been taken down and the remaining 2 are both from the same seller, so it's possible that the Malwarebytes Legal department has taken action against the others as well, or at least they're working on it.

The one that remains appears to be selling the older lifetime licenses, so it's possible that the EULA was different in that version which could account for why it still remains listed.  I'll still check with the employees though and see if I can expedite a response for you as I said I would.

As mentioned before, no one on the forums is capable of solving your issue and cannot speak to the legal action going on here. As such, I'm going to lock this thread. We have already forwarded your request to our legal department to look into.

If you have more questions that need answered, please private message by clicking my name and choosing Message.