Hi there. Like dozens of other MWB users, I have been getting that notification 'Real Time Protection Turned Off' and like dozens of MWB users I have reinstalled several times. Used the MWB tool to clean the program off to then reinstall. Rebooted dozens of times, and finally listed all the recommended 'exclusions' to Kaspersky (see screenshot). Nothing is working. I'm paid up PREMIUM for two years. For the first couple of months it was fine. Now I get the notification every day, several times a day. I have the latest version (reinstalled... again... yesterday). Please can you help me? 

CaptureMWB2.PNG

Hello and Welcome!

Sorry your having issues.

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

14 minutes ago, Penguin1966 said:

Here you go... I think I done it all OK. I have two 'notebook' text documents, and that zip folder. I think I understand that you just want the zip file attached so I will do that. I'm not great at 'computer speak' so forgive me if I needed to include the notebook texts. Just let me know and I will send those.

mb-check-results.zip

"controllers_version" : "1.0.0",

There is an issue With Kaspersky that has been fixed in the next upcoming version. For now, just install this over your current install. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

Edited by Porthos

Hi there. Thanks for the update. I am running a full karspersky scan at the moment... Will take fifteen or sixteen hours (well the last full scan did) so I will need to wait until tomorrow to upload your link and get back to you. A couple of queries though. Do I uninstall MWB first and then use the link or just run it and it will overwrite my version on the PC? Secondly...  In the screen shot do I then re-TICK the ROOTKIT option in Karspersky, and / or remove those 'exceptions' thus leaving that Karspersky list blank again? Thank you.  

1 hour ago, Penguin1966 said:

run it and it will overwrite my version on the PC?

this.

1 hour ago, Penguin1966 said:

econdly...  In the screen shot do I then re-TICK the ROOTKIT option in Karspersky, and / or remove those 'exceptions' thus leaving that Karspersky list blank again?

Leave it as it is. Exclusions are not a bad thing.

Hi there. I run the link / upgrade as instructed and restarted the computer. So far all well. I will check what happens in the next few days and get back to you. Hopefully good news.

Presumably "There is an issue With Kaspersky that has been fixed in the next upcoming version" will be built into an upgrade in the near future, and will load itself automatically without my knowledge, but with sparkling results for my recent MWB problems going forward. 

In other words, with the link / upgrade you have supplied hopefully working and a new auto upgrade in the future, it should all be plain sailing from now on?

What do you think?

Thaak you. 

I'll get back with good news soon, and I'll certainly get back to you with bad news!

6 minutes ago, Penguin1966 said:

Presumably "There is an issue With Kaspersky that has been fixed in the next upcoming version" will be built into an upgrade in the near future, and will load itself automatically without my knowledge, but with sparkling results for my recent MWB problems going forward. 

This is the plan, It could be days or weeks. It will be released in beta first when ready.

19 minutes ago, Penguin1966 said:

I'll let you know if the issue returns but finger crossed it's all sorted! 

Thanks for the update and your continued support of Malwarebytes. If you have any more issues don’t hesitate to post.

Anyone else reading this topic and need assistance not all fixes will work for all users. , Please START your OWN NEW Topic. HERE Do not reply to another user's post

Oh no! The problem HAS reoccurred. When it was fixed a couple of days ago it was fine for the rest of that day. It was absolutely fine ALL DAY yesterday. Today, I am being bombarded with that REAL TIME PROTECTION TURNED OFF message. Could you help me again... One thing that you might need to know is that I had two blue-screens prior to this problem reoccurring. It was working fine prior to a blue-screen. Straight after, the message came back.

The blue-screen message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL the computer restarted and before it placed me on my home screen it blue-screened again with the message SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION What Failed: Klif.sys 

Could you let me know what I could possibly do?

Presumably you would like me to do that thing that FIREFOX advised at the top of this post...

Thanks... 

2 hours ago, Penguin1966 said:

Klif.sys 

That is a Kaspersky file. I would uninstall Kaspersky until the  Malwarebytes fix comes out and just use Windows Defender.;)

Do the following again. 

On 2/5/2018 at 11:30 AM, Porthos said:

There is an issue With Kaspersky that has been fixed in the next upcoming version. For now, just install this over your current install. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

28 minutes ago, Penguin1966 said:

I was always told that WIN Defender was rubbish.

That is why I use Malwarebytes. ;) A fully functional MB can deal with most threats that are out there. The only reason I have Defender running is it is part of the OS and adds an extra layer on top of MB.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya. I got a new computer and although I have not re-upp'd Kaspersky yet, I did download Malwarebytes but can only get the free version. Every time I go to ACTIVATE LISCENSE I get a message attached I follow the instruction and 'DEACTIVATE ALL' and try again, but I keep getting this message back. Help I got 12 days left !

CaptureMWB1 (2).PNG

19 minutes ago, Penguin1966 said:

Help I got 12 days left !

For licensing issues, you'll want to reach out to our online support at 

https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

Usually, support will take 2/5 days or more since support is busier than normal at this time to get to your request.

Please be patient

You can also use the chat feature

Business Hours: Monday - Friday, 6am to 6pm Pacific