Web Protection Will not stay on

21 minutes ago, Swiped said:

Hi Everyone,

We're aware of an issue with a protection update that shipped an hour ago that is causing all web traffic to be blocked and RAM usage to climb. We are triaging this right now with all hands on deck. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are working hard to get a patch pushed out.

Thanks

I guess we all wait  whilst they probably need to do a full RCA on this...I am sure they have all people on this....as stuff like this has immense negative effects on reputation. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Castellar said:

POSSIBLE SOLUTION?

I stopped the application with Task Manager, uninstalled it, then ran MB-Clean (see link at bottom of post), rebooted, reinstalled and everything seems OK now. Web Protection working, no high CPU or memory usage. FYI I am running Widows Defender and Acronis Active Protection.

This worked for me as well.  

1 minute ago, BjornH said:

Thanks for the staff to reply on weekends.. "Following it"

2 minutes ago, Swiped said:

Hi Everyone,

We have just released a patch for this issue with Database 3803. Please update to the most recent update database by clicking on Updates on the Dashboard. 

DB.PNG

App.PNG

Yes, thanks for quick action. 

I have already received 6 phone call today for this problem. Here's how to fix it (Shorthand).

1. Open Malwarebytes and click on my account. Write down your key.

2. Deactivate license.

3. Go to google.com and search for "mb-clean". Download and run - reboot as needed.

4. Go to malwarebytes.com. Download and install latest free version.

5. Enter key if needed.

Thank you,

Cliff

http://www.cliffshomette.com

Edited by shomettec

27 minutes ago, Swiped said:

Hi Everyone,

We have just released a patch for this issue with Database 3803. Please update to the most recent update database by clicking on Updates on the Dashboard. 

DB.PNG

App.PNG

This did NOT work for me. I stopped MWB and restarted, then it worked for just a couple of minutes before Web Protection turned itself back off!

Installed it on my main pc again.. It seems to work now. Didn't even clean registry entries, but it didn't remember the keys so I had to find my text file with it. Luckily I found it ;)
and my premium is again activated. Setup didn't remember my earlier scans so that's what I have to do now to get rid of the ugly exclamation mark in systray :rolleyes:

Hopefully is works as intended now

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

• Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or v2018.01.27.12 (Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or even third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continue to have issues or experience new ones, please start a new thread and we'll happily look into that for you.