Forum Editor Cache bug is back

Go to solution Solved by David H. Lipman,

This was a bug before but,  has returned with the last forum update.

Even though I choose "Clear Editor"  over and over again, when I return to a thread that I had started to reply to but didn't, there is my text again.  It won't "go away" until I actually reply to that thread or if it is a PM conversation, reply to that PM.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Spelling, Grammar and Clarification

• 3 weeks later...

I have not revisited this ignored bug report since Jan 22.  It is now the 10th of February.  This bug report remains unacknowledged and unresolved.

I have tested tested within IE11 and Firefox.  I do not use IE11 to access this forum but I did on Jan 22 just to perform the test prior to reporting this bug.  The test was performed again today and was reaffirmed Today.

In the following video you will see I visit this thread with uncleared content. 

1. I choose Clear Editor and the cached content appears to have been removed.
  2. I leave the Forum and then I return to this thread and that cached content still exists so I choose Clear Editor once again.
  3. I repeat that by leaving the Forum and then returning to this thread and that cached content still exists so I choose Clear Editor once again.
  4. This time I close Firefox altogether.  Then I load Firefox and I return to this thread and that cached content still exists.

CacheBug.wmv

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

It had been fixed in the past but had returned and nobody had the courtesy to respond to this report.

You posted this the week of the Web Protection / RAM issue. Ron was also out sick part of this week. It fell to the bottom of our priority list.

• 3 months later...