Is it OK to run Mbytes and still keep Win Defender

noknojon

Hello All,

My Windows 7.1 Toshiba Laptop runs Mbytes Premium version, now 3.1.2 at last check, and I still keep Windows Defender / Ex MSE beside it.
I am staggering their scans so that Defender only has one scan early AM, but Mbytes has 2 scans (about noon and evening).

Yes, I am aware that you now say this is not "required", however it was Defender that caught the last 2 Major infections (one a Trojan plus the Flexit CCleaner infection) while Mbytes only caught any smaller events and I went through the processes of cleaning it fully. I do not have those in quarantine any more, as I believed it was better to remove them during full cleaning.

The simple question is the title of this post "Is it OK to run Mbytes and still keep Win Defender", and now all other active or inactive scanners are removed and what are your current views on this.

Thank You

Edited by noknojon
Edited to add Mbytes correct version.

28 minutes ago, jwmsmith said:

So I think that answers one of my questions which was should I keep my Trend Internet security as well as Malwarebytes.

Hi and welcome.

Might want to add some exclusions to your AV.

How-To: Malwarebytes 3 files to be set as exclusions... | Official Malwarebytes Support