MB3 says scan completed in 8 seconds but nothing was scanned

I just tried to do a scan with Malwarebytes Free, vers 3.0.5.1299.

It performs the first two steps, Check for Updates & Pre-Scan Operations, and then the screen comes up saying Scan and Quarantine Complete.
Time to complete scan: 8 seconds.
Items scanned: 0
Threats detected: 0
Threats quarantined:0

I tried to do a scan several times with the same results & even did a cold re-boot (powered off & on) but it made no difference. Everything worked OK a few weeks ago.

I see mention of a vers 3.1, however the Dashboard screen says my updates are current and there is nothing to click on in order to check for updates. Does that mean 3.1 does not apply to the free version? I would think it should still do a scan with either version.

Any suggestions on how to get Malwarebytes to do a scan?

Thanks in advance.

Seems like you are using the older build of Mb 3.x

I would recommend upgrading to the latest 3.1.2.1733 CU 1.0.160 build.

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product.

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed.

Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after the latest product install.

Thanks for the reply.

It was just a bit puzzling why it said my updates were current & there was no checkbox to click on in order to check for updates.

Anyway the MB-Clean appeared to clean out the old MB, however it did not prompt to re-install the latest version after the PC was restarted. No big deal & I just downloaded a fresh copy & installed it.

I ran a new scan & it worked & all is well.

Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, stillconfused said:

It was just a bit puzzling why it said my updates were current

The time to wait for updates is not static. We provide updates at a rate of X computers per hour usually where X can be any number. So it's hard to say exactly how long you'll have to wait for a program update to come through.

We stage program updates for a variety of reasons, but one of the key reasons is to make sure the update process goes smoothly for users. It's much easier to turn off updates in case something goes wrong than try to help a mass amount of users roll back.