Version Update Available Popup

On July 1, I have the premium version of Malwarebytes version: 3.0.6.1469.   I have updated it several times but I still get the Popup that says Version Update Available.........  Do I have the current version and if I do, how do I stop the popup?

Hello @lbg3093 and :welcome:

The current release version of Malwarebytes 3 (MB3) is v3.1.2.1733-1.0.160-1.0.2251 as announced yesterday in the https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/202053-latest-component-package-update-see-latest-reply/?do=findComment&comment=1139488 post.

If the installed version of MB3 is indeed 3.0.6.1469, several updates may have been missed typically due to the system being off-line or the fact that application updates are being throttled out in a randomized fashion.

Anyone may manually update at any time by downloading the then current release version from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3

Please reply to this topic if the above has resolved your system's issue.  Thank you.

I utilized the provided link to try and download the most current version.  Apparently it failed as I see in the Malsarebytes "About" tab in the settings screen it still shows Malwarebytes verson: 3.0.6.1469, Update package version: 1.0.2297.  On the bright side, it appears the popup has stopped.  I have no idea if this software is updating or not.

The instructions below should correct your problem and get you on the latest version...

Let's try this first.... (Malwarebytes clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-claen tool you will be asked to reboot. Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the latest version) or you can download the latest version manually (currently v3.1.2.1733 CU 1.0.160) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, Addition.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.1.2 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

I am relatively new to using a forum for fixing a problems so humor me if I am a little cautious in the area of computer protection.    Nothing I see indicates you are from Malwarebytes. I appreciate the help, but How do I verify Firefox is a trusted source?

Edited by lbg3093

4 hours ago, lbg3093 said:

I am relatively new to using a forum for fixing a problems so humor me if I am a little cautious in the area of computer protection.    Nothing I see indicates you are from Malwarebytes. I appreciate the help, but How do I verify Firefox is a trusted source?

You are correct, I am not an employee at Malwarebytes, I am a volunteer here on the forums... as for being a Trusted Advisor, Malwarebytes vets the people they promote as such to ensure they know what they are doing and have been trained in computer repair operations as well as other things.

3 hours ago, lbg3093 said:

The fix you suggested got me the current version 3.1.2.1733.  I assume the popups will also stop now.  Help appreciated!

Yes your issue should be resolved now....

1 hour ago, tester said:

Hey, Firefox. This fixed my computer in about 4-5 minutes after weeks or months of aggravation.Thank you very much!!!

Your welcome, glad that fixed your issues.