In the interim, open Malwarebytes > Settings > Application, then set Malwarebytes to "Never register with Windows Action Center" - then restart the computer. Defender will activate.

The latest version of Malwarebytes allegedly fixes this issue.

11 minutes ago, Staticguy said:

Is MBAM 3.0 compatible with Avast (Free) latest version? My last encounter with MBAM issue was with when I was using Trend Micro 2017. Should I set some restriction for MBAM or Avast (Free) so they can work together?

I would add these to Avast or any other AV and add your AV folders to the Malwarebytes exclusions.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Also the MB folder in Program Files  and the one in Program Data (it is hidden by default)

Hello @Staticguy

The best way to do it would be:

1. Open up Avast and click on Settings.    

2.  Under settings click on the Exclusions arrow.

3. Click on the add button and add the Malwarebytes folders and also drivers mentioned by @Porthos in the previous post.

This should add MB exclusions for Avast.                        

AvastExclusions.jpg

@Nikhil Setlur: Thanks for the information. In windows security center it says MBAM is turned on so as Avast and in the bottom it says "Running more than one antivirus app at the same time can cause your device to run slowly. In MBAM settings should i click on "never register Malwarebytes in the windows action center"?

Edited by Staticguy
Correction

@Nikhils Setlur: Right now my MBAM isn't displaying any message(s) relating to turning off/disabling real time for my avast free and for my Avast. Back before when I had trend micro 2017, MBAM was displaying message that to turn off/disable real time for MBAM or Trend Micro. I will keep observing to see what happens after my MBAM trail version expires tomorrow? Right now I don't think I have to add any files/folders to the exclusion list onto my Avast for MBAM.

Edited by Staticguy

Just now I bought a license and my MBAM Premium (Trial) got converted into MBAM (Premium) Licensed. I didn't get any message(s) relating to deactivating/uninstalling avast or disabling real time protection that I used to get when I had Trend Micro. I didn't even have to set any exclusions. Avast and MBAM (Premium) works great together and it's Magic :D

Edited by Staticguy

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone from MalwareBytes team show me what files, registry, and programs exclusions need to be set (for MalwareBytes 3.0 latest version) on Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017? I have changed my antivirus from Avast to Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017. Thanks.

One more thing, if I deactivate my licensed MBAM 3.0 and if I want the get the premium version again, can I use the same key?

Edited by Staticguy

1 hour ago, Staticguy said:

Can someone from MalwareBytes team show me what files, registry, and programs exclusions need to be set (for MalwareBytes 3.0 latest version) on Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017? I have changed my antivirus from Avast to Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017. Thanks.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Folders

Also the MB folder in Program Files and the one in Program Data (it is hidden by default)

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes   (Enable hidden files to add this one.)

1 hour ago, Staticguy said:

One more thing, if I deactivate my licensed MBAM 3.0 and if I want the get the premium version again, can I use the same key?

Yes, You can use the same key.but keep in mind, If your license is subscription it will still expire 1yr after it is first activated. Deactivating it does NOT pause the timer.

Edited by Porthos