"M" ICON missing from Windows Taskbar

When I first installed Anti-Malware 3.0.x, a easy access "M" ICON was placed into my Windows Taskbar near the date / time information.  I just noticed that it is no longer showing there or in the pop-up box labeled with the "^" character in Windows 10 Professional (1607).  Does anyone know how to get it back?  The application itself seems to be working fine as I can double-click on the "M" Desktop application ICON to invoke the product.

That area of the taskbar is called the "System Tray".

To add items to it Right-click any open area on the taskbar and then click “Settings.”
On the taskbar settings page, scroll down toward the bottom and click the “Select which icons appear on the taskbar” link.
Toggle the buttons to on or off as you require.

Clipboard01.jpg.d897443115a28c830d9082b87f0c970c.jpg

I have never had a version of Windows that I could 100% rely on to show all my tray icons every time.

In my opinion it's a long standing bug in Windows itself that tray icons can fail to show occasionally.

Does it do it every time you boot (or login)?

It looks like you're running a pretty out of date version of Malwarebytes. I would start by downloading the latest version from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and installing that. Due to some issues we discovered with the version you have, I'd recommend completely uninstalling your currently installed version of Malwarebytes before installing the newer version. If you don't have a backup of your license key, be sure to save that information from the Settings -> Account page.

Thanks, dcollins.  I can download and install the latest versions of Malwarebytes as you suggest.  Can I uninstall my current version with something like REVO Uninstaller?

However, I'm a little confused about the purpose of the "Check for UIpdates" button on the Dashboard then.  I thought that was supposed to keep my software up-to-date.  Looks like it isn't doing that by your comments.  How is the End User supposed to know when a "new" version is available?

I have yet to see a prompt from MalwareBytes telling me that there is a software update, even in previous versions.  I usually only find out about a new release through a Google search or when looking in this forum (which I don't do very much).  Maybe that's been fixed in this latest release?  Is there some switch / setting in the product that I can set to get these notifications?

However, Thanks for your help on this topic.

I reinstalled MalwareBytes last evening using the link provided by dcollins (above).  Now the "M" ICON has returned to the System Tray (as usual and expected). 

I'm still concerned about notifications of new releases / versions of the software as the two switches mentioned by dcollins are turned "ON" by default and I would've expected they are set that way in previous releases yet I'm not getting the expected notifications.

@Hardcopy1 there's not an easy way to test those notifications until a new release comes available, and even then, some of our updates don't provide a notification because they happen in the background. Based on the logs, you may have been running a version that had some configuration issues which could have caused the update check to never return a valid update, hence no notification. At this point, all we can do is wait for the next update to see if it comes through