Malwarebytes hangs over 10 seconds when I try to open

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled and ever since It always takes very long to open, mostly 10 seconds, sometimes never does, opening as admin always works however still takes long!  Im running an i7, ssd, 16 gigs of ram, nothing ever opens slow.   Ive tried to uninstall several times with mbam-clean 2.3.0.1001. then find left over malwarebytes files on my c drive and manually delete them,  reinstall and same thing... Ive disabled bitdefender, no effect.   This is very strange and I dont know what else to try

MB-CheckResult.txt

Edited by xerxes

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Malwarebytes was working fine with my antivirus before so im sure its not a conflict with bitdefender, the problem happened after I removed and reinstalled Malwarebytes.    I guess i could live with the slow load times however I doubt the program is working correctly if this is happening,  everything else on my pc works fine.

Edited by xerxes

• 2 months later...

I'm having a similar problem, Malwarebytes appears to be running fine (as a program) and I have zero malware / viruses on my system (HURRAH!), however, despite the program running fine in the background (version 3.06), whenever I click to open the program on my taskbar, it rarely opens up until at least a minute has passed (sometimes much longer).
Even if I use admin to open it, the lag is excrutiatingly long.
What's the problem here?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

4 hours ago, dcollins said:

Can you please upload the logs requested in the following thread

Hi there dcollns:
I did what yu said - uninstalled 306 and replaced it with the "updated" mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-10103 and now I seem to be able to open the program immediately. Awesome.
I've no idea what was wrong previsouly but this appears to have solved it - for now.

Although Ive no idea what you meant by 'upload the logs'. It's now working fine.
Many thanks :)

@dcollins

I don't have any 'reports' as such. When I attempt to visit ANY zippyshare links, or the website, the page(s) just hang(s) for several minutes then the tab informs me of a "problem loading page" and the page states that 'The connection has timed out' try again....ad infinitum.

I added .zippyshare.com, www.zippyshare.com and *.zippyshare.com to the exclusion list [see enclosed screenshot] yet Malwarebytes never connects to the webpage(s).

However, as soon as I turn off 'web protection' in Malwarebytes, the webpage connects immediately.

This has been happening for months, even before I upgraded to version 3.06 premium (several months ago).

I feel I've wasted months of being a premium member because at least 7 times a day (when I upload to my Zippyshare files) I need to turn off 'web protection' just to access my files and folders in my Zippy account. This is VERY time-consuming and also incredibly annoying.
It seems pointless me having a premium subscription knowing that I'm always having to switch the damn thing off to upload to / peruse my zippyshare storage every few hours.

As far as I'm aware, I'm not doing anything wrong when including exclusions and if I am, I'd like to know what that is. However, as things stand, I doubt i'll be buying any future subscriptions of Malwarebytes (or recommending it to anyone else, to be honest) having wasted months of my time messing around already.

To say I'm extremely disappointed is understating things.

screenshot.jpg

exclusions.jpg

Edited by Quercus

Hi there,

Yes it happens in all browsers. I just tried them all again both with and without vpn in operation and they're all blocking the Zippyshare site(s).
I use Firefox as my main browser. Here's what it mentions in the others....

Chrome:

This site can’t be reached
www96.zippyshare.com took too long to respond.
Go to http://zippyshare.com/

Microsoft Edge:

Hmm, we can’t reach this page.
Try this
⦁    Make sure that you’ve got the right web address: http://www96.zippyshare.com
⦁    Refresh the page
⦁    Search for what you want

I disabled my Avast Antivirus / Firewall for ten minutes to see if that made any difference but it didn't. I then disabled web protection on Malwarebytes again and sure enough, I could visit Zippyshare.

@dcollins

I just noticed something a little odd regarding my last post. If I click on the zippyshare link in the quoted Chrome section above (with malwarebytes web protection turned ON), it blocks me and states: 'Unable to connect'.

However, if I click on the zippyshare link in the quoted Microsoft Edge section which starts with www.96, it actually allows me to the site. That seems a little strange.

Edited by Quercus
more info added