can't uninstall it

Greetings :)

Thank you for this information.  I've passed it on to the Malwarebytes 3.0 team.  I will let you know if any additional information is required for troubleshooting purposes.

Hopefully they can replicate the issue and find the cause so that they can hopefully fix the problem, assuming it's something that can be fixed on our end and doesn't require fixes in F-Secure.

21 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Greetings :)

Thank you for this information.  I've passed it on to the Malwarebytes 3.0 team.  I will let you know if any additional information is required for troubleshooting purposes.

Hopefully they can replicate the issue and find the cause so that they can hopefully fix the problem, assuming it's something that can be fixed on our end and doesn't require fixes in F-Secure.

I should mention for my most recent post I couldn't reinstall it regardless of whether F-Secure was on or off

Edited by draph91

OK, thanks for the info.  I've passed that on as well.

In the meantime, I'm guessing that perhaps the driver is still running/in use and that's why you are seeing the error during uninstall.  Try disabling the setting Start Malwarebytes at Windows startup located under Settings>Protection and then rebooting, then try uninstalling the software again to see if it now works or not.

Please let me know how it goes.

8 minutes ago, exile360 said:

OK, thanks for the info.  I've passed that on as well.

In the meantime, I'm guessing that perhaps the driver is still running/in use and that's why you are seeing the error during uninstall.  Try disabling the setting Start Malwarebytes at Windows startup located under Settings>Protection and then rebooting, then try uninstalling the software again to see if it now works or not.

Please let me know how it goes.

actually it's when I try to reinstall it the error comes up

Hi @draph91, just to be clear, Malwarebytes 3 is already uninstalled and you're trying to reinstall? We believe we have tracked down what caused this issue and are working on a solution for the future. In the meantime, to get your installation working we can use FRST to remove the leftover files from the uninstall.

First download the attached Fixlog.txt file and save it to your desktop.

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Click the Fix button
  • You may be prompted to reboot after it is completed

Once FRST is done, try to install Malwarebytes 3 again and see if it works. If you still have issues, please upload the Fixlog.txt file that should be on your desktop so we can take a look at any errors that may have occurred. Thanks!

Fixlist.txt

Edited by dcollins

4 minutes ago, dcollins said:

Hi @draph91, just to be clear, Malwarebytes 3 is already uninstalled and you're trying to reinstall? We believe we have tracked down what caused this issue and are working on a solution for the future. In the meantime, to get your installation working we can use FRST to remove the leftover files from the uninstall.

First download the attached Fixlog.txt file and save it to your desktop.

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Click the Fix button
  • You may be prompted to reboot after it is completed

Once FRST is done, try to install Malwarebytes 3 again and see if it works. If you still have issues, please upload the Fixlog.txt file that should be on your desktop so we can take a look at any errors that may have occurred. Thanks!

Fixlist.txt

I have reinstalled it after rebooting but I think F-secure is messing with it somehow

• 2 weeks later...