MBAE service taking too long to start

Rigsby

No, I can confirm the issue is not limited to upgrading.  It was on a new Windows 64 bit ultimate system.

More likely the devs have shorted investment in Windows 7 debug.

Your suggestion makes sense, eventlog told me the same thing just not how to fix it.

It's irritating now that Windows 10 is out, Windows 7 gets left in the dust.

I expect your suggestion to work, if I don't report back it did.

Just an FYI, the last version that doesn't have the bug is 1.08.1.1189 (which runs flawlessly under any condition).

The devs did something between this version and all the ones that followed that crippled the software at least on Windows 7 64 bit.

Seems they innovated too quickly and focused on making sure it worked on Windows 10 but left Windows 7 in the dust.

New versions since then all have the same Windows 7 bug that is not limited to upgrading, but on new installs as well.

In the software world from such a highly regarded company, this is unbelievable.

Nevertheless, thank you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ISSUE FIXED:

Select Automatic Delayed start for Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit service

Run regedit.exe, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control, Create 32-bit DWORD AutoStartDelay, edit value, select decimal put 15.

Do not use "servicespipetimeout".  The problem is that Anti-Exploit loads before critical Windows Networking Services.  Since the Windows Networking Services are not fully loaded and malwarebytes requests data from these services and does not get it when it requests it, this triggers Anti-Exploit to hang.  

Edited by gonzo
Standardized font used in post

On 10/11/2016 at 1:27 PM, neonred said:

ISSUE FIXED:

Select Automatic Delayed start for Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit service

Run regedit.exe, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control, Create 32-bit DWORD AutoStartDelay, edit value, select decimal put 15.

Do not use "servicespipetimeout".  The problem is that Anti-Exploit loads before critical Windows Networking Services.  Since the Windows Networking Services are not fully loaded and malwarebytes requests data from these services and does not get it when it requests it, this triggers Anti-Exploit to hang.  

This has worked for me ...

• Staff

Hello Everyone,

We have a test build we want to see works for everyone that is having this issue. This build can be found here:

https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/n6cdj8wss05jlepevauf5lwowlq2g9bg

If possible, please do an un-install of the previous one and use this clean tool after to cleanup any leftover files: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=199258 (note: this will be the same one I left before for anyone trying the steps earlier in the thread). After you do that, reboot and try that build. Please let me know of any feedback on the build! 

Edited by Rsullinger

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:06 PM, Rsullinger said:

Hello Everyone,

We have a test build we want to see works for everyone that is having this issue. This build can be found here:

https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/n6cdj8wss05jlepevauf5lwowlq2g9bg

If possible, please do an un-install of the previous one and use this clean tool after to cleanup any leftover files: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=199258 (note: this will be the same one I left before for anyone trying the steps earlier in the thread). After you do that, reboot and try that build. Please let me know of any feedback on the build! 

I did every single step as you instructed and everything went ok. Thanks a lot.

Dear All,

I have the new version running, having followed Rsullinger's instructions.  All seems well - no errors - but earlier versions notified me (Windows 10 x64 v1607) when Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit was running, i.e. on launch of browser, and I don't see where the setting is to re-enable this feature.  Any clues?  Otherwise, all OK.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hello Everyone,

Just to clarify, have you tried rebooting the computer after the update was applied and see if you had this issue after reboot? If you do, please collect the log mentioned earlier in the thread and please take a screenshot of the Programfiles (or programfiles (x86)) directory of anti-exploit so I can confirm if the update happened correctly. 

19 hours ago, larsonreever said:

Seems they innovated too quickly and focused on making sure it worked on Windows 10 but left Windows 7 in the dust.

It doesn't work on Windows 10 either.

It's failed to start for like a week or so now.

I don't remember a time where it's actually worked properly for more than 2 months.

• 2 months later...

Looks like this thread has been dead for a while, but I don't actually see any resolution. Has anyone had any luck with any sort of fixes for this? We have several clients that are receiving this error on a daily basis. I'm seeing mixed results with the delayed start on the services. So I figured I resurrect this thread to see if anyone's had any luck. Thanks in advance!

• Staff

Hey Jwoodskitsap,

Do you mind taking a screenshot of your C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit directory. If you notice a tmp folder in there, can you take a picture of what is in that folder as well? I am curious if the files from the upgrade swapped correctly and if there is any files in there, then it could be the reason why.