Tor the past few days when attempting to close a Word Document a message pops up that says:

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error

I have attached the file in question.

Is this message indicative of the presence of malware or is the causation to be found elsewhere?

I have used this particular Word Document for over two years and have never had this issue rear its ugly head before.

Is there a cure for this issue?

Thank you. 

Purrington

17Dec15Jung Quotations.docx

In attempting to follow the instructions on " deleting the secure temp folder files" I get an error message after attempting to apply this step:  

Click Start, click Run, type the following command (including the quotation marks), and then click OK.

"C:\Documents and Settings\ username \Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook"

See the error message attached.
Thank you

1 run file.jpg

My post above that refers to 

"C:\Documents and Settings\ username \Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook"

was the result of following instructions sent to me by Ron Lewis.

Therefore, I am not certain how to respond to your comment.

Thank you.

• Root Admin

You do not delete or remove the folder. IF you find files there you can delete them. This is  where Microsoft stores documents launched from Outlook and temp files would accumulate preventing you from saving or in some cases running a certain file. This was corrected in Office 2010 with one of the updates. This may not be your issue.

I find nothing wrong with the document itself that would prevent you from saving it. If it continues to be an issue maybe create a new document and copy/paste the contents into a new document and see if that works better for you.