PCTIS and MBAM conflict?

I have been using the free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware for quite a while now. I currently use a program called PC Tools Internet Security 2009. My question to everyone is if I upgrade to the paid version will there be conflicts between these two programs? PC Tools includes a firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-spam. It also has some other features that I am not going to get into. For more information on the product I am referring to please visit the below web site.

http://www.pctools.com/internet-security/

My concern is that I pay the money to upgrade to the paid version and have MBAM and PCTIS running side by side, and then my computer starts to lock up or become slow. Any suggestions would be great. Maybe someone else has tested these two programs together before and might have some insight.

Greetings and welcome :) .

The two shouldn't conflict but if they do following the steps here regarding configuring MBAM with an anti-virus should fix it. Also if you don't end up wanting to keep Malwarebytes' they would gladly offer you a full refund for your purchase.

Thank you for the quick response. There are really only two options in PCTIS to minimize it from attacking MBAM. I can add MBAM to the firewall as a trusted program and grant it full access to the internet. There is also a global action list that relates to the Intelli-Guard feature. It looks like I would need to add the below three executables as trusted items/always ignore.

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

I guess the only way to find out is to test it out. Before I do pay the money for a license who would I need to contact in order to get a refund if I need one?

You're welcome :) . You'd probably be best off contacting support@malwarebytes.org for a refund if you purchased it.

Sounds good. I have a feeling I am going to get a serious conflict with these two programs, but I am willing to give it a shot as long as I get my money back if things don't work out.

Well I just purchased a license and registered the program. I selected the settings I wanted and said start protection. I sat and watched my task manager (CPU usage) for a good three minutes. Nothing really happened at all. Then I restarted my computer to see if everything would lock up or not. At first my computer hesitated and it truly appeared that it was going to lock up. However, everything then started fairly quickly. I quickly opened up the task manager and everything appeared normal as there were not any drastic spikes in CPU usage. All I can say is so far so good and I will report back in a few days.

I just thought I would add this to the topic. PC Tools Internet Security 2009 is definitely compatible with Malwarebytes Antimalware. There are two main things that need to be done for it to be compatible. First, you need to go into the Firewall settings. Click on the applications list and find mbam.exe and mbamgui.exe. Be sure to grant them full access to the internet. Once this is done click on the settings button located on the left hand side panel. Find global action list and click on it. Click on the add button and from the drop down menu select file on disk. Copy and paste or browse to the following files below. Be sure to select the option to always allow.

Files:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref (Windows 2000/XP)

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref (Windows Vista)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Once you add all of these files everything should work just fine. Also, please understand that PC Tools Internet Security 2009 and Malwarebytes Antimalware are the only two active security applications I am using on my PC. I do not use the kernel compatibility option within PC Tools Internet Security 2009. After you do everything I described above I recommend a reboot of your computer. I hope all of this helps someone else out there.