BroService and Linervice Apps on Android 4.4.4

jd99

I have the standard android browser and Chrome installed on my phablet.

On both I keep getting a small advertising pop up appear in the bottom right corner of the browser. I have pop ups blocked, so am trying to find out what is causing. I think I have narrowed it down to one or both of the apps above.

I have tried uninstalling both but they automatically come back. While uninstalled the popups appear to stop happening.

Anyone know what these apps are? There is little or no discussion on the web about these. Are they new?

Are they causing my popups to appear? 

Hello and welcome to both of you:

This section of the forum is reserved for malware removal on the Windows platform.

Most of the work with malware removal on Android devices is done via email from the Help Desk.

To expedite the cleaning of your Android phones, I suggest that you might want to start with the advice here in this pinned topic >>: MBAM Mobile Support

It includes specific instructions on how to submit a help desk ticket to the appropriate team.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to both of you:

This section of the forum is reserved for malware removal on the Windows platform.

Most of the work with malware removal on Android devices is done via email from the Help Desk.

To expedite the cleaning of your Android phones, I suggest that you might want to start with the advice here in this pinned topic >>: MBAM Mobile Support

It includes specific instructions on how to submit a help desk ticket to the appropriate team.

Thank you.

Thank you for the information Spam Hunter.

In 2015 isn't it time there was a section for Android on this forum then? By the way, android equates to tablets, not just phones. The platform isn't exactly new anymore!

We were being sneaky...we called that section Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile Support.

The use of mobile is now obselete then. These days, OS and device wise, anything can be mobile, except a desktop PC. 

Desktop - PC running windows maybe linux

Mobile - tablet, phablets, laptop, smartphone - running Windows or Android.

So be as sarcastic as you want  Gonzo! A section with that title and just the one post saying contact Help Desk in it, is not exactly a forum for the "platform". Maybe you need to cut back the beer, and see that the real world outside of geeky developers is now mobile!

• 4 months later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!