How to revert Pro license to free

John A

I want to transfer my MBAE Pro licence to a new computer, but then I want to continue to use MBAE free version on the old computer.  How do I remove the MBAE Pro registration details from the old computer before reinstalling MBAE free?

Thanks DaleDoc. I am using Pro on 3 PCs - I have it activated on a laptop and netbook as well as this desktop I am replacing.

So I need to remove MBAE also the licensing otherwise when I reinstall it the Pro license will activate.

Ah, OK.

It sounded as if you were describing a 1-PC license, and transferring it from one PC to another.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I guess we'll need to wait for Pedro, but I expect that the answer is just to uninstall it from the "old" computer and then reinstall it on that "old" rig as the Free version? :unsure:

{{KIbbitz:  I think that they have ditched "Pro" for the paid version of Malwarebytes consumer software. They now call the paid versions of MBAM and MBAE "Premium".}}

Cheers!

Yes I should have said "Premium".

The problem is that if I remove MBAE, whatever version I reinstall it will pick up the previous Pro registration.  I need the equivalent of "MBAM Clean" for MBAE.

I can wait for a response from Pedro as it isn't urgent.

The problem is that if I remove MBAE, whatever version I reinstall it will pick up the previous Pro registration.

Hmm, interesting.

I didn't know that.

Perhaps one needs to manually delete the Program Data folders or even remove registry entries, depending on where the program stores its license data (pure speculation on my part)????

(Still running Free on my rigs.)

I apologize for interloping and will watch this thread to learn what Pedro's solution might be.

Cheers,

Thanks, Pedro.

I expected that might be the solution.

Is there a simpler method in the works for a future MBAE version - perhaps a removal tool or another means of storing license info, as one might expect for paid software?

(Editing the registry, even to remove 1 entry, seems a bit complex for some basic users.)

Thanks,

• Staff
Is there a simpler method in the works for a future MBAE version - perhaps a removal tool or another means of storing license info, as one might expect for paid software?

(Editing the registry, even to remove 1 entry, seems a bit complex for some basic users.)

Yes you're right, a removal tool might be a good idea.

In the meantime for other users who stumble across this thread, the attached batch executed as admin should do the trick.

MBAE-Clean.zip

• 1 year later...
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 7:30 PM, pbust said:

Yes you're right, a removal tool might be a good idea.

In the meantime for other users who stumble across this thread, the attached batch executed as admin should do the trick.

MBAE-Clean.zip

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but when trying to download this tool, the download link works to download, but it adds a long extension to the file.  it should only say MBAE-Clean.zip when you download it.  Removing the extra .09f943a349adb90ea263c1fad5f00aa6 after download allows the file to download.

Tried it in IE and Firefox and same results

download-error1.JPG

download-error2.JPG