How to copy the update files to a PC with no internet connection

I would like to have the capability of having the latest updates with me when I am fased with a computer that can't connect to the internet.  I always have a laptop with me to the current updates.

With the old version of Malwarebytes This used to work:

Note: Starting with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60, you must also copy the file database.conf located within the Configuration folder which is in the same folder as rules.ref listed above.

Taken from:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/10138-common-questions-issues-and-their-solutions/#entry49525

On the latest version of Malwarebytes after I install the program and copy those two files to the correct folders it says they are out of date.

What else is required for the current version so I can run with the most up-to-date updates?

Thank you,

Docfxit

Hello: :)

The method for offline updates in version 1.x was not secure, so it was not carried over to version 2.x

There is a new mbam-rules link: =>HERE<=

The link will download 1 zip file, where the name of the file is mbam-rules-YYYY-MM-DD.zip

Something to note:
There are 2 files now in the zip folder:
o Mbam-rules.exe
o Mbam2-rules.exe
They are specific to the version, so mbam-rules is for any MBAM 1.x installation, whereas mbam2-rules is for any MBAM 2.x installation.
In the future it will have a README included with instructions for users, but for now it is only the executables.

>>However, it will never be the "latest" updates, as the regular database is updated 10 or more times per day.

>>With the advent of Chameleon and other tools, this method of getting MBAM running on heavily infected machines is less helpful.

Thanks,

This is great information.  And there are times when this information will be very helpful.

The situation I run into most often is that I have Malwarebytes installed on my computer and I can usually update it so it includes all the latest updates.  What I would like to know is what files include the latest updates so I can copy them from my updated computer to the infected computer.

Thanks,

Docfxit