MBAM 2.0.2.1012

I have tried to install MBAM 2.0.2.1012 on my Windows 7 professional 64-bit for weeks but I keep getting this error after installing then starting the program. 

Every time I uninstall the program I go back & run MBAM cleaning tool 2.1.1.1001 then reboot.  But still have the same problem with a fresh install. Even turned off my antivirus in case there was a conflict. 

Love the MBAM software but it's driving me crazy after this last update. HELP PLEASE!!!! 

post-173567-0-71543100-1411064165_thumb.

Hello hatie123 and :welcome:

Please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.

The 3 files, from Step 2, to be individually attached from your desktop are: CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Copy and Paste the text into a reply.

Thank you.

Hi:

Until 1PW returns, your logs show that MBAM is not installed on the computer. 

In order to help you to troubleshoot the program, it needs to be installed on the system in question. ;)

Your logs also show that you have 2 different AV programs installed:

AV: Microsoft Security Essentials (Enabled - Up to date) {4F35CFC4-45A3-FC37-EF17-759A02E39AB1}
AV: avast! Antivirus (Enabled - Up to date) {17AD7D40-BA12-9C46-7131-94903A54AD8B}

That is NOT advisable -- it can create conflicts/clashes/crashes/slowdowns, and it actually decreases your system security.

So, the first step would be to cleanly uninstall (using the vendor's removal tool, if needed) one or the other AV program and then reboot the computer.

Then, can you please try to reinstall MBAM, following the instructions here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x (just skip the uninstall part, as you have already done that, please but be sure you have rebooted at least once before reinstalling MBAM).

Then, if you are still having problems, please post a fresh set of logs from here: Diagnostic Logs

When you do, please place a check-mark in the "Addition.txt" box before running FRST again.

Thanks,

Hi:

Thanks for the update and the new logs. :)

Your new logs suggest that the steps in this pinned topic MIGHT resolve your crash issue: What to do: Runtime error - database stuck on 2014.03.04 - program 'stopped working' error

Please give it a try (it will replace one of the MBAM configuration files).

Please post back and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Well, darn.

That's a bummer.

There have been a few users who have had these challenges with program crashes that aren't fixed with routine troubleshooting.

We'll need to wait for the staff members to review your logs.

They may wish to collect some MBAM crash dumps from your system -- if they need those, they will provide the step-by-step instructions for that.

Thanks for your patience,

P.S. You have quite a few outdated and vulnerable programs on your computer (Acrobat, Java, Firefox, Flash Player, etc), but that is not likely a direct cause of your problem.

At some point, you'll want to update those, to reduce your system's security vulnerability.

Here are the steps needed to create a crash dump...

Create a Full Crash Dump using Sysinternals Process Explorer:

• Please download Sysinternals Process Explorer from here and save it to your desktop.
    • Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you also need to do the following:
      • Right-click on ProcExp.exe and select Properties
      • Click on the Compatibility tab
      • Under Privilege Level check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
      • Click on Apply then click OK
  • Double-click ProcExp.exe to run it.
  • Once the crash happens, leave the error window open and find mbam.exe in the process list in Process Explorer and right-click on it and hover your mouse over Create Dump and select Create Full Dump...
  • Save the mbam.dmp file to your desktop and close Process Explorer
  • Right-click on the mbam.dmp file you just created and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the ZIP file you just created to your next reply if it is small enough. If it isn't then please upload it to a file sharing service such as WeTransfer and provide the download link for the file in your next reply. If you need instructions for WeTransfer let me know

• Staff

hatie,

When one thing doesn't work, we try another.   :)

Please try the following:

1. Ensure MBAM is not running.
  2. Download the attached net.conf file. net.zip
  3. Extract the file.
  4. Place the net.conf file into the following directory and have it replace the existing one:
    C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Configuration
  5. Open MBAM.

Give this a shot and let us know if this helps!

Happy to finally report that after following your last instructions I was able to open, update & run a scan with mbam. Even found 3 threats. Wonder if they had anything to do with it . 

Thank you to everyone for all your help. Will run a deep scan to see if there are any other threats. 

Thanks again!!!!!!!