Stops working when trying to update datebase

Hi:

Thanks for the update.

Just to be check:

Are you sure that you followed all the steps in this pinned topic: What to do: Runtime error - database stuck on 2014.03.04 - program stopped?

One other thing to try would be this other method: Internal error: Expression error 'Runtime Error' / External exception E06D7363

If that also doesn't work, please re-run both tools for a fresh set of diagnostic logs: Diagnostic Logs

When you re-run FRST again, please be sure there is a check-mark for "Addition.txt" under the Optional section.

Then, please post back with the 3 new logs.

Thanks for your patience,

Your log shows a date and time of:

2014/07/23 00:23:06

In the Western Hemisphere, it's still 07/22.

Are you somewhere far away, where the date is already 07/23 and the time is nearly midnight?

If so, then we will need to wait for staff to review your logs, as I don't see anything obvious.

If not, then you might need to check your system date and time.  That is one major reason for update failures.

Thanks,

Oh, well.
We'll need to wait for a staff member to analyze your logs, as I don't see anything else obvious in your logs preventing the updating.

One other thing you might try is to add mutual exclusions between MSE and MBAM.
It was suggested earlier, but I'm not sure if you had a chance to try it. Strictly speaking, it's not "necessary", but it cannot hurt.
The screenshot below shows an example (using my security program, KIS) of how to add the MSE folder to MBAM exclusions.
And the instructions below list the MBAM files to exclude in MSE and your firewall.
Let us know if you need help with this.

If you prefer, please feel free to head over either to the help desk or to the malware removal removal section of the forum.
The expert helpers there can assist you with taking a deeper look at your system, for free.
To do so, please start with the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers.

Thanks very much for your patience,
-----------------------------

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software for your version of Windows:

For 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe

Note: If you are using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well.

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

post-29793-0-72525000-1406113256_thumb.p

Lets see if we can tell what's going on, this will require a little bit of work from you....

Create a Full Crash Dump using Sysinternals Process Explorer:

• Please download Sysinternals Process Explorer from here and save it to your desktop.
    • Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you also need to do the following:
      • Right-click on ProcExp.exe and select Properties
      • Click on the Compatibility tab
      • Under Privilege Level check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
      • Click on Apply then click OK
  • Double-click ProcExp.exe to run it.
  • Once the crash happens, leave the error window open and find mbam.exe in the process list in Process Explorer and right-click on it and hover your mouse over Create Dump and select Create Full Dump...
  • Save the mbam.dmp file to your desktop and close Process Explorer
  • Right-click on the mbam.dmp file you just created and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the ZIP file you just created to your next reply if it is small enough. If it isn't then please upload it to a file sharing service such as WeTransfer and provide the download link for the file in your next reply
  • Let me know when your ready to upload the file and I will give you some instructions for that....

Hello Firefox,

I'm having the same problem as connopt.  I have tried Chameleon, I have done everything in the previous posts, and now I have my dump log from Process Explorer saved into a compressed folder.  How to I upload it onto this feed?  I do not see the attach button like I usually see in e-mails (the paperclip)?

Thanks

Hi, and :welcome: , cmoore68:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions.

They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button. (where we can help you in your own topic)

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox

Hi:

Sorted..Thanks for all the help

I should have been more careful following daledoc1's suggestion earlier when s/he suggested the same solution

Well, better late than never, I suppose. :D

I'm glad you are all set now.

Thanks for letting us know.

Feel free to let us know if you ever need anything else.

Cheers,