Nutritional Studies

For those of you who watch what you eat,

here's the final word on nutrition and health.

It's a relief to know the truth

after all those conflicting

nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat

and suffer fewer heart attacks than

Australians.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat

and suffer fewer heart attacks than Australians.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like.

Speaking English is apparently what kills you! :mellow:

It's a funnel web spider. Nasty little buggers and according to a program I saw on the Discovery channel, their fangs are sharp enough and they spring out hard enough to go through leather work boots! Of course, Australia is also home to many other deadly nasties, like Great White Sharks, Box Jellyfish, the poisonous claw-having Platypus and a bunch of others. For me spiders are the worst though, I hates me some spiders :mellow: .

I hates me some spiders :mellow:

I hate spiders too they try to be to sneaky ! ,I recently found out that they are scopions in my state speaking of crawling things , one was on my sister in law the other day , its not way poisonus kinda like a spider bite or bee sting , unless allergic to that kinda stuff then it might kill ya .but just as sneaky as a spider .:)

I'm sorry exile360, thought you post above said you lived down under, I'm tired because the best time to fix communications equipment for the USFS & other agencies is at night when they don't use them. I work scatted 3rd shift also.

And good morning CharlesT well I remember those little creatures when I was in NC in the Army...circa 1969 Only time we saw spiders n things was at base housing. We made to much noise in in AIT. Good to meet you! another day of fighting malware begins.... later YB

Thanks for the link Jax. I forgot to mention the immensely poisonous seasnakes, but you took care of that :) . Perhaps I'll visit Australia once I've combined my DNA with that of a hamster :):mellow: . I lived in NM for a while and they had scorpions and spiders, but also the nasty wind scorpion, also known as the camel spider, although nothing nearly as large as what's pictured with those soldiers. The ones we had, at least that I saw, got as big as your hand and were very aggressive (and very hard to squish). My first encounter with one was in my home. I chased it to the front door then it suddenly turned on me and reared up and ran at me, I squeeked (as I often do when encountering creepy arachnids :) ) and then remembered "I'm bigger than you are and I will squish you!". I proceeded to step on it with my military boots, but it didn't die, IT KEPT COMING!. I then stomped on it with both feed, jumping up and down, and finally it was dead after about 8 stomps, still twitching though.

Thanks for the link Jax. I forgot to mention the immensely poisonous seasnakes, but you took care of that :P . Perhaps I'll visit Australia once I've combined my DNA with that of a hamster ;):) . I lived in NM for a while and they had scorpions and spiders, but also the nasty wind scorpion, also known as the camel spider, although nothing nearly as large as what's pictured with those soldiers. The ones we had, at least that I saw, got as big as your hand and were very aggressive (and very hard to squish). My first encounter with one was in my home. I chased it to the front door then it suddenly turned on me and reared up and ran at me, I squeeked (as I often do when encountering creepy arachnids :) ) and then remembered "I'm bigger than you are and I will squish you!". I proceeded to step on it with my military boots, but it didn't die, IT KEPT COMING!. I then stomped on it with both feed, jumping up and down, and finally it was dead after about 8 stomps, still twitching though.

"combined my DNA with that of a hamster" :) "8 stomps"? :mellow: words fail me....YB

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...