BartPE plugin for MBAM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That will be half the fun also.

Do you utilize RunScanner?? Or do you build that capability into the software? For better control it is probably best to follow suit with SpyBot, but that will take time and testing. I do not know all the details yet but our team (UBCD4Win) will be and are here to help with this support.

I'm glad to see the possibility of a happy resolution to this issue has been reached. I'm sure that most of us here (myself included) certainly appreciate what a powerful tool an offline disc can be (I've got a slew of them myself, UBCD4Win included) in my personal toolkit just in case I need it and there have absolutely been plenty of times that I did. My primary concern, as I believe was shared with others here, although I can't speak for them, was that if MBAM doesn't play nice offline or is ineffective in PE mode because of the way its detection works then it would be a futile effort that could do more harm than good, but it seems you guys have overcome many hurdles already and with the devs in on it the potential for problems is highly reduced :P .

I'm glad to see the possibility of a happy resolution to this issue has been reached. I'm sure that most of us here (myself included) certainly appreciate what a powerful tool an offline disc can be (I've got a slew of them myself, UBCD4Win included) in my personal toolkit just in case I need it and there have absolutely been plenty of times that I did. My primary concern, as I believe was shared with others here, although I can't speak for them, was that if MBAM doesn't play nice offline or is ineffective in PE mode because of the way its detection works then it would be a futile effort that could do more harm than good, but it seems you guys have overcome many hurdles already and with the devs in on it the potential for problems is highly reduced :D .

I will have a beta version of the new plugin made available to the developers as soon as feasible. Most concerns about this have been put to rest and I have agreed to work directly with them to resolve any issues that arise. There is a small hurdle right now on the re-directions of the folder structure used for scanning and I am awaiting word from Joshua if this is something he can easily do on his end, or if the mbam developers need to address it directly.

It's always a good thing when differences in opinion can be resolved peacefully. :)

PS: If you guys have room on the payroll for an "Adviser" about pre-installed environments.... I'm not rich by any means. :P

I will have a beta version of the new plugin made available to the developers as soon as feasible. Most concerns about this have been put to rest and I have agreed to work directly with them to resolve any issues that arise. There is a small hurdle right now on the re-directions of the folder structure used for scanning and I am awaiting word from Joshua if this is something he can easily do on his end, or if the mbam developers need to address it directly.

It's always a good thing when differences in opinion can be resolved peacefully. :)

PS: If you guys have room on the payroll for an "Adviser" about pre-installed environments.... I'm not rich by any means. :mellow:

I am glad some sort of resolution and amicable arrangemt is coming on this matter i use both products at home ( my kids love getting virus and trojans on their pc's)

it looks like a marraige made in cyberspace

gratz all concerned

Good things take patience, this will be worth the wait. :mellow:

We're used to wait times around here. I waited for a year and a half for a 64-bit version of the protection module, and it's finally in beta. I think we can wait a bit for this. :)

We're used to wait times around here. I waited for a year and a half for a 64-bit version of the protection module, and it's finally in beta. I think we can wait a bit for this. :)

This is NOT going to take a year and a half. :(

Aside from ONE minor hiccup, I have this one nailed down. :)

Take a look at this post from RubberDuckY (he's one of the main developers for Malwarebytes' :( ).

Your making a joke?

Between those 2 posts is when I talked to him on the phone about this.

Although, knowing a new version with "quite a few changes" was already in testing would have been useful information a week ago. :)

Oh, sorry, the post before the one that I was replying to got deleted by a mod for spamming, it was a response to someone saying that Malwarebytes' wasn't designed to work that way and that the developers didn't support it so I indicated a post where one of the developers actually said that they were now working on an official plugin for it.

• Root Admin

1.37 will have a ton of changes to the back end and increased scanning power and a new protection module. Nothing that should affect the PE plugin. As for the PE plugin, the ball is in my court now and when I am back from a business trip I will begin answering those e-mails.

:(

• 3 weeks later...

good people,

What is the final state of things here.

I have a couple of Win7 RC Preexecution Environment (PE) USB sticks which I've generated using the MSDN documentation and the documentation provided with the Windows 7 Automated Installation Kit.

My desire is to add MalwareBytes to my "Diagnose and Fix" PE stick.

I got past having to add msvbvm60.dll and shfolder.dll to my PE stick's \windows\system32 folder.

Install completes but attempts to run produces an error msg of "Error loading databse. Line: #0. (0)."

The database is present in the \programdata folder so that's not the problem.

What am I missing? I assume I need to include a couple more MS dlls on the stick.

I always prefer to roll my own "boot/repair" disks.

I've not tried putting MalwareBytes on my Recovery Environment USB stick. Perhaps the subset of Win 7 in the REwin.wim will suffice, just haven't got around to trying.

I was hoping that a MalwareBytes guru would lead me in correct direction here.

Thanks,

Karl

lol, that makes sense now.

You had me confused yesturday when I saw your 2 posts together. :P

Install completes but attempts to run produces an error msg of "Error loading databse. Line: #0. (0)."

The database is present in the \programdata folder so that's not the problem.

What am I missing? I assume I need to include a couple more MS dlls on the stick.

We are not supporting a win7 build environment at this time. For XP/2K3 i386\SYSTEM32\CRTDLL.DLL solved that particular problem.

• 1 month later...