What is scorecard research?

According to there website....

ScorecardResearch, a service of Full Circle Studies, Inc., is part of the comScore, Inc. market research community, a leading global market research effort that studies and reports on Internet trends and behavior. ScorecardResearch conducts research by collecting Internet web browsing data and then uses that data to help show how people use the Internet, what they like about it, and what they don’t.

ScorecardResearch collects data through from two main sources: surveys and web tagging. For our surveys, we invite people on the Internet to provide us with anonymous demographic and Internet usage information that we can use to refine our reporting. These surveys are always voluntary, and are never used to collect personal information. For web tagging, participating websites agree to deploy a special code throughout their sites. Again, no personally identifiable information is ever transmitted by, or linked to, the web tags.

If its trying to install on your computer then I would not let it, this would probably be in the category as PUP at the very least....

• Root Admin

NoScript is often frustrating for users as is RequestPolicy but once you take the time to figure them out and use them properly you'll be amazed at what level of control you now have on your browsing experience.

Almost must have add-ons for Firefox

NoScript Security Suite
Adblock Plus
RequestPolicy
Ghostery

Can't help you with Chrome - I remove it from every computer I work on if I can.  Just don't trust Google myself more than once in their history they've "accidentally" posted local user data onto the public Internet.

Chrome is the highest browser target for malware intrusions as well, due to its fast growth, usage, and advertisements.

I really liked your statement, and had to comment; i also remove it from every computer i work on in my shop.

Can't help you with Chrome - I remove it from every computer I work on if I can.  Just don't trust Google myself more than once in their history they've "accidentally" posted local user data onto the public Internet.

Chrome is the highest browser target for malware intrusions as well, due to its fast growth, usage, and advertisements.

I really liked your statement, and had to comment; i also remove it from every computer i work on in my shop.

As an Android developer and avid user, I'm well inured into the Google framework.  But I still fall back to Firefox for most things.  It's always been my go-to browser, and with Opera now being basically a Chrome variant, it's the myriad of Firefox versions I have installed for most of my daily work.  But, seeing as I have 2 Google accounts and 4 Google Apps (For Your Domain) accounts, I still have Chrome running a lot - and I'm almost always visiting here via Chrome as well.

I don't do anything that is top secret, and I keep a close reign on my financials, Mostly using my PayPal business account to make transactions and then manually transferring money into my PayPal account as needed from my bank.

My main reason for not using Chrome is even more simple.  Test after test, I can usually only get Chrome up to about 25 tabs before it starts crashing -- and no native tab grouping.  Firefox - well so far my record has been 92 tabs in 14 groups running over a period of 3+ weeks without a single crash.  All with less RAM and page consumption than Chrome with 25 tabs.