Dorkbot ED trojan

I ran malwarebytes in safemode, and it found nothing with update 12/17.08 so i updated to 12.18.08 and ran in safemode with networking, and it showed 2 ojects

trojan: DorkbotED

what is this?

I had a stalker who used to call me a dork, and was named ed is it possible he made this specifically for me, or is this an old virus?

btw, it happened again, where  i removed the threats, and now comodo icedragon has deleted my favorites, and add ons.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Just curious why are you scanning in safe mode? It is better to scan in normal mode to ensure all items get detected properly.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Hi, princetongrad24: :)

EDIT: Sorry, Firefox. We must have been typing at the same time.  @princetongrad24: Please follow Firefox's expert advice.

Is this by any chance the same computer about which you recently posted >>here<<?

Until staff arrive, a couple of things:

First, MBAM scans are best run in normal Windows mode, not safe mode or safe mode with networking.

Occasionally, because of malware, a safe mode scan is needed, although there are other tools that can be used to get MBAM to run on an infected machine.

Having said all that, the name of a detection is less important than the full scan results with the location of the detected file.

And with your browser dropping its extensions and settings again when you clean the system, there might be something else going on.

So, it's hard to say what is going on without more info.

However, we don't do that sort of work in this particular section of the forum.

>>>>It might be a good idea to have an expert review your scans and help you to clean your system.

I would suggest that you please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware expert will guide you through the scanning and cleanup process; they can help you to get MBAM running normally, as well.

Thanks,

daledoc1

im having trouble finding the files, maybe you can help? these are the 2 that were infected.

Files Detected: 2
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynZMetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\synpd.inf_amd64_802c25c846e036db\synzmetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

can anyone tell me, if the dorkbot ed trojan is a known trojan, or if my stalker created it for mme?

Take a step back and relax a little, I surely doubt that this was created by anyone specifically for you only....

As mentioned by Larry above, this is going to turn out to be a false positive....

And to add, as of 8:12 PM this has been confirmed to be a false positive and is going to be fixed in the next update as mentioned HERE