DDS logs and virus help needed

Buzzz

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at a loss :(((

Following trying to uninstall Comodo by following the instructions in your link below...

It is possible (likely) the internet lost connection happened when Comodo was removed with OTL, I guess best policy is always to use its own uninstaller. Have a look at the following link for removal instructions:  http://forums.comodo...s-t58620.0.html

I was following Step 3 and was at the point below in the text and trying to download the second removal tool through the link provided (text from link below) yet it wouldn't go to the page.  I tried to get back on here to post and it seems the internet has gone again (i'm posting this from my other laptop).  What's worse is i've gone to re-start the infected laptop and I can't get the computer started at all.  I had an error message saying 'the last attempt to resume the system from its previous location failed.  Attempt to resume again?' and then I had an option 'continue with system resume' or 'delete restore and proceed to system boot menu'.  I pressed the latter, as the first seemed to fail, and the system has gone to the F8 screen, start in safe mode (I think), and i'm not sure what to do now?

This second removal tool can be downloaded from this linkThen run the Uninstaller Tool for CIS (note that all uninstallers for CIS will also be able to uninstall Comodo Firewall), which can be downloaded from this page (although I would advise not running it on computers with Windows 8, as problems have been reported). Once you're done using that program to uninstall Comodo Internet Security you can use another removal tool. This one should be safe for Windows 8. This second removal tool can be downloaded from this link

Enter System Recovery Options I give two methods, use whichever is convenient for you.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select Your Country as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:

• Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair

System Restore

Windows Complete PC Restore

Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

Command Prompt

Select "System Restore" and follow the prompts, go back to date prior to issues with comodo

Ah right, ok. Well I tried your first option, below, and pressed F8 and got Windows Error Recovery screen but there isn't a Repair your computer  option? There's only safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt or start windows normally?

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

•  

• - Restart the computer.
  • - As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.

• - Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.

Right, found the SYSTEM RECOVERY MEDIA disc, is this the on? If so, before I start, i've got a couple of questions below in red, can you answer them?

•  
  • Insert the installation disc. Is this when the PC is off?
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.How will I know if it is configured to start from a CD or DVD? If I have to check the BIOS settings, what am I checking for?
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next. What is the system I want to repair?

Then what?

With the PC turned on put the DVD into the CD/DVD tray, shut down the PC and re-boot....

If the BIOS setting is correct you will see a Back Screen with a prompt asking you to select any key to boot from the CD..... If you do not see that prompt the BIOS will have to be altered.

Regarding the "System to Repair" I assume there will only be one system, unless you have a dual boot system?

Then what?

You just follow the instructions I posted, Select "System Restore" from the list.... I post instructions again...

•  
  • Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair

System Restore   <<<----- Select this one

Windows Complete PC Restore

Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

Command Prompt

Select "System Restore" and follow the prompts, go back to date prior to issues with comodo.

Sorry, let me be clear here. The grey box is there, like you've posted before with different options. I have to select one of them as it doesn't 'offer' me anything. When selecting System Restore by clicking on it, it doesn't do anything.

There are 2 buttons at the bottom of the box with Restart or Restore, you're saying to click on Restore?

If you want to preserve all important data  such as music, videos, pictures additional programs etc the best option is a repair install. Go to the following link for full instructions:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

As with all instructions it is always beneficial to read through them fully a couple of times as there is a lot of information to take in.....

Let me know if you are ok with that route...

Kevin