Buzzz

DDS logs and virus help needed

Hi

This all done, and it did ask me to re-boot which I did. It displayed the OTL notepad response straight away so I can post the results however it's disconnected me from the internet, any reason why and how to re-connect?

Posting this from my iPhone

Hmmm....

Have tried re-connecting and it appears my wireless network connection adapter is experiencing problems! And I still can't connect...

Have a look at Internet Explorer and check proxy settings

Internet Explorer:
Tools Menu -> Internet Options  -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" and check to "Automatically detect settings". Also clear any proxy address and port. ok, apply (only if applicable), ok.

I've tried the trouble shooting bits and I've got various messages...

There might be a problem with he driver for the local area connection adapter.

And

There might be a problem with the driver for Bluetooth network connection.

And

There might be a problem with the driver for wireless network connection adapter.

I can't seem to get past this at all.

Select start, type device manager into the search box, tap enter. Device manager will open. Expand Network Adapter, right click on adapter and select "Uninstall" follow prompts then re-boot....

Is connection restored?

Avast firewall

Bluetooth device (personal area network)

Bluetooth device (RFCOMM protocol TDI)

Intel ® Centrino ® wireless-N 130

Microsoft virtual wifi mini port adapter

Realtek PCIe GBE family controller

Intel ® Centrino ® wireless-N 130 <<----  Wireless connection, if that is how you connect right click > Uninstall > Reboot

Realtek PCIe GBE family controller <<--- Ethernet connection (wired) if that is how you connect right click > Uninstall > Reboot

Hmmmm...

Uninstalled both of those and re-booted, now have a blank, black screen and am hiding it from the other half...

I do not see why uninstalling network card drivers you can end up with a black screen, they have no influence to cause that.... Reboot again

Partly ignore me, PC re-booted but no internet..

And, Realtek and Intel that you said to uninstall are back in device manager?

Select start, in the search box typ services.msc hit enter, in the new window check these entries are running and set to automatic:

DHCP Client

DNS Client

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on "Command Prompt" select "Run As Administrator"

Run the following commands hit the enter key after each one, when you see this symbol < > that is for space, hit space bar once.

netsh< >winsock< >reset< >catalog

netsh< >int< > ipv4< > reset< >reset.log

netsh< > int< > ipv6< > reset< > reset.log

ipconfig< > /flushdns

ipconfig< > /release

ipconfig< > /renew

ipconfig< > /registerdns

Then reboot.

Right click on the internet icon next to clock bottom r/hand corner and select "Troubleshoot Problems" What info do you get?

I get the windows network diagnostics window, and problems found box with 'there might be a problem with the driver for he Bluetooth network connection adapter' and 2 other messages, which I posted earlier. I also get 'try these repairs as an administrator' and 'continue with other remaining repairs', which I had earlier and which I couldn't seem to do anything with.

Do you actually connect via BlueTooth Network connection Adapter? Also apologies but remind me of other two messages

Not as far as I know. Other two messages are:

"There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter"

And

"A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken"

Can you go back to Device manager > expand Network Adapter > right click on the BlueTooth adapter > select Uninstall > Reboot. Any good?

Wireless network connection adapter we already uninstall and re-boot. It comes back so Windows did attribute new driver...

What about the second message about network cable, do you use an ethernet cable?

One other point, when you expand Network Adapters do any entries have question mark against them?

Both Bluetooth's uninstalled, that's "Bluetooth device (personal area network)" and "Bluetooth device (RFCOMM protocol TDI), re-booted and both have re-appeared with message saying "your device is ready to use".....sigh...

Regarding Ethernet connection?? No idea?

No entries in device manager have a question mark by them.