DDS logs and virus help needed

Buzzz

When you go to Ubuntu ensure to d/l the Live CD ISO, you save that to a location that you find useful, eg Desktop or maybe a downloads folder.

After installing imgburn, run it. When it opens select "Write Image to Disc" from the main GUI. That will open a new GUI, Under "Source"  is the sentence "Please select a file" just along from that is a "folder" icon, select that folder icon, you will now have to browse to the location of the Live CD iso that you d/l and saved to your PC. When you find and open that file it will load. When complete at the bottom left of the GUI will be the burn option icons

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aargh can anything else go wrong???

Downloaded Ubuntu, found it through img and did as you said and put the disc in to burn it too. Once img found it the burn icon became apparent but then my computer automatically closed down. I re-started it and as it started up the same thing happened??

I've removed the disc and have managed to start computer up again.

Ok.  i've had a look at the link and to be honest it's kinda going above my head a bit.  All of this is really and i'm concerned about doing something and buggering up my other laptop, which seems to be working now.

I'm wondering whether I ought to get the buggered laptop taken in somewhere and sorted as i'm concerned it's all a bit beyond me as i'm quite basic when it comes to computers and have struggled a lot (as you've probably guessed!).