DDS logs and virus help needed

Buzzz

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been able to have a go at this as I've been ill, however hopefully tonight.

Just checked disc and it's a System Recovery Media Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 disc, which is different from the windows OS installation disc you mention above?

This is the only disc I got with the laptop.

I'm looking at Here's How and wondered how to get started? Point 1 says to start windows 7 and log on to an administrator account. I can't log on to the laptop at all so how am I supposed to do this?

I have read through the different points on the link you gave me but wouldn't have a clue whether any of the warnings affected me.

i get the samsung screen and F2 for for set up F4 for reboot (i think, although it went quite quick).

It then gave me the option to start in safe mode, with command prompts etc.

When left without clicking on anything it goes back to a black screen, as it did before.

This all looks ok and straight forward, thank god!

When it says it will erase all current files, does this mean all music, pictures and whatever else is on the laptop? or will I be able to save this through backing up and how would I do this?

Yep a fresh install will erase all data that you have such as music etc etc... However, if you read the instructions carefully it is possible to create a backup to an external source. I`m not really familiar with the notebook you use so do not use those instruction personally.

If you cannot use the instructions maybe easier to use a live CD such as Ubuntu to recover any important data you may have. Read the following link and see if that helps or makes it easier for you. If so you can do the fresh install later..

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

From the site scroll to the d/l options for specific versions:

ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 Released! Sunday 16th June 2013 up.gif

What's New:

Click here to find out!
Click here to download!

If everyone who likes my program donates $2 (or whatever they can afford), I'll be able get more drives working, test with more types of media and add more exciting new features!

You select the most recent version. as above...

That will take you to a list of d/l links;

ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) Released: Sunday 16th June 2013 up.gif Mirror 1 - Provided by Digital Digest   (Currently hosting v2.5.8.0) Mirror 2 - Provided by BetaNews   (Currently hosting v2.5.8.0) Mirror 3 - Provided by Softpedia   (Currently hosting v2.5.8.0) Mirror 4 - Provided by Free-Codecs.com   (Currently hosting v2.5.8.0) Mirror 5 - Provided by TechSpot   (Currently hosting v2.5.8.0) Mirror 6 - Provided by MajorGeeks   (Currently hosting v2.5.8.0) Mirror 7 - Provided by ImgBurn   (Currently hosting v2.5.8.0)

CRC32: 00E8E0B2
MD5: 9685E1B00B7D1B31EDE436BD9B12BE39
SHA-1: 5CA96A0C243390C378DEE1A629684EA261E2CFC4

I select "Softpedia"

One point you should always be aware of, the majority of "Free to use" software may come bundled with unwanted extras, there will always be an option to untick such extras. There maybe a Default installation option or Advanced installation option, always choose Advanced and refuse all entries except for imgburn

Got that and downloaded ok.

The next instruction....Then click on the icon next to “Source”, pick the downloaded ISO file, stick a recordable CD into the drive, and click burn.

Is the downloaded ISO file the Ubuntu link I downloaded? If so, I can click on the icon next to Source, as above, but can't obviously see how to burn?