Barnes & Noble slashes Nook HD prices ($100+ OFF) for Summer Reading...

ShyWriter

You'd think I know by now to just GOOGLE it.. found this but it didn't garner not too many praises:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/printershare-mobile-print-mobile-dynamix/1107000627?ean=2940043862990

nky.gif

Overview

Print office documents, pictures and web pages from your device directly to supported Wi-Fi printers or over the Internet.

Direct printing doesn't require computer software or computer for that matter - it just works. If the printer is not compatible or does not support Wi-Fi, you need to install our free software from printershare.com for Mac or PC, share the printer with it, find the printer from your device and print.

You can preview the documents before printing and adjust various options such as layout, margins, color, duplex printing, number of copies, specific pages to print, etc.

Have a good print!

* For direct Nearby printing to selected printer models PrinterShare downloads and uses drivers provided by GutenPrint (http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net). The drivers are distributed under GNU General Public License, version 2.

** For direct Nearby printing to selected printer models PrinterShare downloads and uses drivers provided by HPLIP (http://hplipopensource.com). The drivers are distributed under GNU General Public License, version 2.

Read More

Product Details

• BN ID: 2940043862990
  • Publisher: Mobile Dynamix
  • Publication date: 10/28/2011
  • Series: NOOKapps Series
  • Version name: 5.8.8
  • Format: NOOK App
  • File size: 3 MB
  • Sales rank: 7,388
  • Please contact the developer directly if you would like to report a problem:

/Steve

Hey; check this out! A microSD card that allows a Nook HD+ to dual-boot into Android mode... Which means SKYPE and Firefox Android Browser... :)

http://www.amazon.com/AndroidForNook-AFN-Products-LLC-Dual-Boot/dp/B00AT72SX6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1371851178&sr=8-8&keywords=print+from+nook
31m2OrOVSlL._SX300_.jpg

AndroidForNook (AFN Products, LLC) 16GB Dual-Boot Jelly Bean Android Micro SD Card For Nook HD+ (BNTV600)
by AFN Products, LLC
5.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (3 customer reviews)

Price: $29.95
In Stock.

Ships from and sold by AndroidForNook (AFN Products, LLC).

Technical Details

• Google Android 4.2.2, Jelly Bean for Nook HD+ (BNTV600)
  • 16GB SanDisk class 4 micro SDHC, protected in anti-static packaging & free USB card reader included
  • Google Play Store - 1000's of free apps
  • Integrated Microphone for voice apps and Bluetooth for your wireless peripherals
  • Superior customer support, personal communication, first-class forum

›  See more technical details

Product Description
***IMPORTANT: Be sure you order for the correct model. Compare the model # in the title and description to your Nook model number before you purchase. The card does not work in a different model*** Buy a genuine AndroidForNook (AFN Card[TM]) only from AFN Products, LLC. Convert your Nook HD+® (BNTV600) into a powerful Android® Tablet without voiding your warranty. Jelly Bean is the latest Android version from Google® and it makes the Nook HD+ a truly enjoyable tablet. Unlock and experience the unique graphics and user interface of Jelly Bean Android while having access to over 700,000 free and paid apps through the Google Play Store.

AndroidForNook (AFN Card[TM]) for the HD+ is now a dual boot card, so you can choose Nook or Android without removing your card. Enjoy communicating with your friends on Skype® via the integrated microphone or connect your wireless devices with Bluetooth. The AFN HD+ card stores your application data on a folder in the Nook internal memory, and is erased if you deregister your B&N Nook, without a trace. No modifications are made to the Nook operating system. Save your money - no fancy packaging, just a great product at an affordable price, with superior customer support through a top-notch forum and personal communication. Easy to follow, step-by-step instructions guide you through the initial setup process. Check the Amazon seller name - only AFN Products, LLC sells the genuine AFN Card[TM]. AFN is well-known with outstanding reviews on Nook book club forums and other websites. Android is open source software offered by Google and is conveniently provided pre-configured on your AFN card. NOTE: You will receive a separate email through Amazon after your order with attached setup instructions. Instructions are also included on your card which you can print out when you receive it. This offer is for the micro SD card only, the Nook HD+ is not included. DUHHHH!

Steve

Barnes & Noble Extends ‘Father’s Day’ Promotion Deal On NOOK® HD and NOOK® HD+

By Sam Lehman | Jun 21, 2013 03:03 AM EDT

barnes-noble-extends-father-s-day-promot

Barnes & Noble extends ‘Father’s Day’ promotion deal on NOOK® HD and NOOK® HD+ (Photo : Flickr/ Svadilfari)

Barnes & Noble is offering an extended "Father's Day" promotion deal on its NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ for a limited period with  more than 700,000 Android apps and games on Google Play Store, millions of songs, movies, TV shows and more.

Barnes & Noble, leading retailer of digital media and educational projects, has decided to extend the "Father's Day" promotion after the huge success of its first "best prices ever" sale Sunday, June 16.

NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, has extended another chance to all consumers to book their orders online or from bookstores to enjoy summer reading. The limited period discount on NOOK devices saves up to $120 compare to its original pricing.

"With the fantastic success of our Father's Day promotion, we decided to extend the great prices on NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ to help our customers gear up for a great summer reading season," Jamie Iannone, President of NOOK Media, said in a press release, Monday, June 17.

"In our stores and online, customers have embraced these beautifully designed, lightweight devices with stunning displays that offer great reading and entertainment content.  We're thrilled to keep in place our best prices ever and deliver great value to make reading more affordable."

Consumers can avail the discount by ordering NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ online from the NOOK website and from any Barnes & Noble bookstore or any other leading retailers. The NOOK HD 8GB variant is available at $129 after a discount of $70 and the 16GB variant is available at $149, $80 less than its original price.

However the major discount is given on the NOOK HD+ tablet which starts from $149 for the 16GB variant, same price as the NOOK HD 16GB. The NOOK HD+ 32 GB is available at $179, which is $120 less than its retail price. (More...)

Continued --->

Steve

My pleasure Maurice.. glad I was able to help. I'm debating whether to get the AFN ANDROID dual boot microSD or not myself now that GOOGLE + comes with the new NOOK HD+ software update which allows a lot of what the Jelly Bean iOS does.

Decisions.. decisions..  :lol:

ENJOY your NOOK.. It took me several days before I decided I really did like it. (The $120 savings helped :))

Steve

Oooo.  I may have to indulge!  Can it do Skype on it?  Hulu?

If you get the Andorid dual-boot microSD for NOOK HD+ (Post #27 - http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=127579&p=694253 ) you can Skype but unlike most readers/tablets NOOK doesn't have a built-in Camera. *BUT* it does have a USB connection and if you can get a USB webcam with iOS Jelly Bean OS drivers you should be OK.

EDIT: I just checked and Hulu Plus is available thru Google Play (which NOOK HD+ has with software 2.1.0 ,<latest>) thru Android App..

If you to the Hulu home page and check devices you should be able to see if either NOOK or Android is Hulu workable.. NOOK HD+ comes with a NETfLIX app as well as Pandora. The app is free but NETfLIX is still $8.95 a month EACH for streaming and for DVD mail.

HTH,

Cheers,

Steve

If you get the Andorid dual-boot microSD for NOOK HD+ (Post #27 - http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=127579&p=694253 ) you can Skype but unlike most readers/tablets NOOK doesn't have a built-in Camera. *BUT* it does have a USB connection and if you can get a USB webcam with iOS Jelly Bean OS drivers you should be OK.

EDIT: I just checked and Hulu Plus is available thru Google Play (which NOOK HD+ has with software 2.1.0 ,<latest>) thru Android App..

If you to the Hulu home page and check devices you should be able to see if either NOOK or Android is Hulu workable.. NOOK HD+ comes with a NETfLIX app as well as Pandora. The app is free but NETfLIX is still $8.95 a month EACH for streaming and for DVD mail.

HTH,

Cheers,

Steve

nice!  thank you for checking into that for me :)

Several things about stuff previously mentioned in posts in this topic:

Users Manual for the Nook HD+ = User_Guide_NOOK_HD_Plus.pdf

Free/Printable - ( Use Adobe Reader XI, 11.0.3, and set print option to Fit-to-Page as print size is small in real page mode..)

PU Leather Folio Case = Exact PU Leather Folio Case (Multi-Color to Choose Form) for Nook HD+ 9 Tablet (Support Auto Sleep/Wake Function) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAKLPZO/ref=ox_ya_os_product

$8.95 / Excellent product with cutouts in perfect position for all controls - also serves as a stand for viewing movies, etc. I absolutely love mine (in basic black, of course :))

Screen Protector = ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Barnes & Noble NOOK HD+ Screen Protector Shield + Lifetime Replacements.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AK2MHEU/ref=ox_ya_os_product

$13.95 / RipOff (in MY humble opinion) - Applied like window tint film.. Suggests removing battery, etc, and using hair dyer on low setting for attaching.  Mine is staying in box.. *grumble*

ANDROID for NOOK = AndroidForNook (AFN Products, LLC) 16GB Dual-Boot Jelly Bean Android Micro SD Card For Nook HD+ (BNTV600) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AT72SX6/ref=ox_ya_os_product

$29.99 / Haven't received it yet but did receive a 9 page, AFN Installation, PDF file AFN HD+4.2 Setup Instructions.pdf that explained the following about the Nook warranty:

t4a.gif

Seems, as usual, BUYER BEWARE.. ;) 

Steve

Might have to add a Stop Lying clause to the forum rules :lol:

Little late to reply to this, but, :wacko::D:lol: :lol:

EDIT Ugh I am a scatterhead, I already replied...

Maurice;

Found, and am using, AVAST security app (FREE) for my NookHD+... Even has a tracking portion in case yours gets lost or stolen and will send a SMS to your cell phone via VPN.. The only thing I haven't figured out is how I'm supposed to get ADMIN rights on the NookHD+ so I can set the firewall portion. Everything else sets up OK as normal user.

y2ke.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity&hl=en

Steve

Further information on NOOK HD+ and whether or not the following product "add-on" is of any use.

ANDROID for NOOK = AndroidForNook (AFN Products, LLC) 16GB Dual-Boot Jelly Bean Android Micro SD Card For Nook HD+ (BNTV600) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AT72SX6/ref=ox_ya_os_product

$29.99 / Received it and also received a 9 page, AFN Installation, PDF file pdf.gif  AFN HD+4.2 Setup Instructions.pdf   982.88KB   0 downloads

Information:

Seems the NOOK HD+ actually runs Android "Ice Cream Sandwich" *under* the NOOK HD+ graphical user interface software. Since the GUI update, the NOOK HD+ is able to run a lot of the apps from Google Play™ as well as Chrome now being the default web browser.

The best in reading - now with the best Android™ apps, games, movies, music & more.

• NEW! Over 700,000 Android apps & games on Google Play™
  • NEW! Youtube™, Google Maps™ & Gmail™ 
  • New! Use Chrome™ for super-fast web browsing

Long story short, unless one needs 100% Android OS functionality, there's no real need to buy the AFN $30 dual-boot micro-SD plug-in.

One other thing I should mention; the 10 hour battery life may be accurate under "book-reading" conditions but is closer to 8½ - 9 hours in real life..

Steve