Should Malwarebytes be installed to boot SSD or storage HDD

Dawn662

I just got a new computer with a solid state boot drive. Malwarebytes has a very small footprint so I installed it to the SSD, but then I began to think about the updates and how little I know about how the program works. Would it work just as well installed on my 2 TB storage drive? If it should stay on the SSD, where are the data files stored and could their location be changed to a Data Folder on my HDD?

I found info that my anti-virus mostly reads, not writes data, so performance wise the SSD is a good place for it. Would you agree with that? I can't find any info about where to install a firewall. Does it make much difference on which drive to install it? Thanks for your input.

I use an SSD myself and install all of my actual programs on the SSD along with the OS. I store my documents and files along with any portable applications (programs that function without being installed) on the secondary drive and I've found it works quite well.

It's especially useful to have any programs that will run at startup installed on the SSD since they will then load much faster (like antivirus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO, assuming you're using the PRO version).

Most of the data used by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware would be stored on the SSD anyway. On Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 it is stored under the C:\ProgramData folder. On Windows XP it is stored under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.