ChicaLogic concerns

I came across something that concerns me regarding ChicaLogic that uses a rebranded version of Malwarebytes'. They seem to be offering a paid system performance tool similar to Registry Booster, System Mechanic etc. A lot of the more experienced users such as myself know that these programs are scams and do nothing more then destroy Windows and DO NOT have any evidence of system improvement whatsoever. I'm curious to why they are allowed to use MBAM when this is one of the things us experienced forum members strive to keep people away from?

http://www.chicalogi...products/pc-fix

Sorry I think I could have worded the last sentence better. English isn't my best subject... I'm not attacking Malwarebytes' or anything just rather sceptical of companies offering these system performance tools and was wondering the policy Malwarebytes' has in place for companies rebranding/bundling their product? Just my personal opinion on partnering/dealing with companies like this is bit sleazy, but again in no way attacking you guys! :) Feel free to delete this! :) Love MBAM all the same. :wub:

¦Extends the life of your PC

¦Helps avoid a computer crash

¦Fix and cleans computer errors

¦Fast, safe and extremely easy-to-use software

I would call it "Site Advertising / Sponsoring" and treat it as such -

only found 1045 'errors' on my testbox which is a lot less than CCleaner

The Registry Cleaner section of CCleaner is not an ideal part of the program either - Only the Temp File cleaner -

How will any Registry Cleaner know exactly what you installed and compare it to a "bare bones" version of your OS and fix it - :ph34r:

Been there , Done that , with too many computers that lose basic information due to Any Registry Cleaner ! !

And that includes CCleaners Registry setup - Never use it -

Guest Seagull

I am not a fan of these so called System Performance Boosting software myself, as everything you need to help increase performance can be done right in the Windows Operating system (For the most part). I am a fan of CCleaner, I use that program daily to clean my temp files. :)

I used a "registry cleaner" one time and it borked a few programs (didn't need/use them anymore though thankfully so it wasn't that bad that they were messed up) and wasted my day off & was a general pain. I ended up downloading Windows Clean-Up something or other (the name evades me at the moment) and that fixed it :) I avoid registry cleaners like the plague now lol :P

I love CCleaner though and I use it at the end of my computer session to clean up temp files :)

I used a "registry cleaner" one time and it borked a few programs (didn't need/use them anymore though thankfully so it wasn't that bad that they were messed up) and wasted my day off & was a general pain. I love CCleaner though and I use it at the end of my computer session to clean up temp files :)

I found the same thing when I did not know how to set up CCleaner for only Temp Files. Now I only set it for Temp Files and use the Windows "Delete Browsing History" section of Tools.

Anything important is in Favorites, or has a Desktop Shortcut, or a link saved in a text editor -

• Root Admin

I'm going to close this topic now as I think it's pretty much ran it's course and the topic of registry cleaners, etc has been discussed quite often already.

If you'd like to create a new topic in the General forum though for further discussion about registry cleaners please go ahead.

Thanks