What is Malwarebytes in this case?

You're never going to find any holy grail in security software. Not with anti virus, not with anti spyware. Some simply work better than others on the harder infections out there. Some work better on the milder adware types of nuisances.

Is Malwarebytes the first case or the second case?

We pride ourselves in the fact that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can remove many of the hard-to-kill infections that so many other softwares struggle with.

Obviously, as new threats come out, there are always a few things we miss, which is why we have experts who volunteer to analyze logs for users who are not able to get their computers cleaned up.

Ad-Aware is useless at removing malware and the only thing it is good at is using up system resources.

McAfee Is recommending the use of MBAM to remove infections:

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=227398

Ad-Aware is useless at removing malware and the only thing it is good at is using up system resources.

McAfee Is recommending the use of MBAM to remove infections:

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=227398

I have already removed Ad-Aware from my computer years ago. But that doesn't answer my original question. Can Malwarebytes remove adware nuisances that can be easily removed?

So MBAM is only for hard-to-kill infections? For adware nuisances, I should use Ad-Aware.

No, our research team will add any malware that has a live point of infection. Our focus area is the malware that is difficult to remove, but we will add any malware, or rogue anti-malware application to our database.

MBAM will remove anything listed in the link in the second post to this thread. It may occasionally detect something not in the database through its Heuristics. I guess the answer to your question would be yes and no. Some of what it removes is easy, while others aren't. It many not have some easy ad wares in its defs so it wouldn't remove those.

It will remove considerably more than what's listed in the list. We have a very nice hueristics engine in use as well as somewhat smart definitions. We just don't get really nitpicky and classify things as variant A, B, C.