Pirate key > Valid key: ID for reinstallation?

I was one of the people caught by the pirate keys - I bought a key from a seller on Amazon, so I had no reason to think it was not a valid reseller. It is generous of you to offer a valid key for free. (I also have another valid key bought direct from MB).

I have been given a valid key for the dodgy installation, which I can see in MBAM. My question is what happens if I wish to deactivate the licence and re-install on another PC, because the software does not also show the ID, which as far as I can remember was needed to install MBAM? Thanks.

Hi:

EDIT: OOPS! Sorry, Porthos, I didn't notice that you had already replied while I was making my screenie. :(

YES, as Porthos advised, please be sure you write down and store that new key somewhere safe, for future reference.

When you deactivate on computer 1, that will convert MBAM on that system to the Free version.

When you want to activate MBAM Premium on computer 2, the activation window will present you with a "Key" field.

If you have a "new" Key, that will be be sufficient and should activate the license.

The new licenses use ONLY a Key, no ID.

(There is a separate link below that field in the activation window, to click for users with an "old" license, if they also have an ID.)

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

post-29793-0-27065100-1435589127_thumb.p

Thanks for the quick replies! I have no plans to transfer at the moment, it was for future reference.

You're most welcome, although it was really Porthos who provided the info you needed. :D :D

Hi Philby,    :welcome:

You may send me the details by PM.   You may also contact our customer support for any help you need about licensing, activation or just for any other issue.  Use this link.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Maurice.

For the sake of keeping the forum clean, I did not want to start a new thread, so...

Should customers who in the past have bought directly from the Malwarebytes store be safe regardless of any future conflict with pirated generated and legitimate licenses? Given that one has securely stored and has got assured access to the reference number(s) and the bill(s) of purchase. There's no need for me to convert all of my and my relatives' licenses that I and they purchased 1.5 years ago through the Malwarebytes store, right? I assume that this is the case, but I just have to be absolutely certain, given that these licenses are for life, and as I'm basically responsible for my relatives' investment regarding these purchases as I convinced them to buy into MBAM.

Second; would it be wise to convert some of my MBAM licenses that I've bought from an unofficial reseller? The licenses work perfectly at the moment, so I assume they're legit (am not using them actively, but just keeping them as back-up, so I can't constantly verify their status). But would I do good to convert regardless, since the reseller has got zero ties with Malwarebytes or Cleverbridge, and so there is zero guaranteed fallback when there is a license conflict?

And this might be a silly question, but I have to ask anyway; if I convert, everything should function practically the same in using MBAM with those licenses discussed in the second point (e.g. that the lifetime status remains lifetime), except that the licenses will just have a different name? Is that correct?

And lastly; how long is this license conversion offered by Malwarebytes on the table? I couldn't find any information on that. I assume it isn't forever as, to be honest, it would hurt sales given that it is fairly easy for illegal users to dupe the system into thinking they're sincere customers who've been fooled by scammers.

I had upgraded to 2.1.8 succesfully, but my account details are still in the old format (ID + Key). Is it still recommendable to upgrade a number of licenses -- bought from unoffiicial vendors -- to the new format? Or just better leave them as is?

i have few question regarding this

1. first how to know if it legit serial not pirate serial

like OP said there are seller still selling lifetime key like :

http://www.amazon.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Activation-AUTHORIZED-Professional/dp/B00H9023OK

http://www.amazon.com/Dsolution-NAV-MB-BOX-LE-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Lifetime/dp/B003JZNCFSareto

are those legit malwarebytes serials ?

2. are malwarebytes still selling lifetime key ?

i didnt remember since when, but malwarebytes changed to yearly plan right ?

if there lifetime key like in past that i can buy, i am thinking to buy another one for spare (future use, new pc)

For Amazon sellers, you need to check the seller-company's reputation and be sure it is really an unopened ( sealed) box.

Personally, that first link looks questionable.   Why is he showing a picture of a CD and not the retail box?

Our company no longer sells lifetime licenses.

For Amazon sellers, you need to check the seller-company's reputation and be sure it is really an unopened ( sealed) box.

Personally, that first link looks questionable.   Why is he showing a picture of a CD and not the retail box?

Our company no longer sells lifetime licenses.

thanks for the answer sir

the link i mention above, first one it seems digital download, what make me curious is that

"Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to our Terms of Use. Game and software downloads are non-returnable and non-refundable after purchase."

its kinda confusing, its either amazon or 3rd party seller (marketplace). if amazon, then no reason to be pirate product right?

2nd one, link seems broken ... fixed link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003JZNCFS/

first one said "RETAIL BOXED, FACTORY SEALED" so seems legit

i interesting getting this one... though afraid getting fake pirated cds