Can't install Malwarebytes

Hey there, 

Been using MBAM for about 5 years now :)
My friend's PC had a virus attack (PicexaViewer) and after help from nasdaq from Bleeping Computer (would be better if you first read this topic since FRST log is there) her PC is clean now (I think) but I can't run/install MBAM.

Right upon installation I get this error:

Runtime Error (at 71:100):
Could not call proc.

Now I know MBAM installer is not to blame but I still want to find a solution to this since I'm out of more ideas.

Using Windows XP SP3, Avast antivirus free installed.

Things I've tried:

1. Try installing in Safe mode. Same issue.

2. Runnig mbam-clean-2.1.1.1001 (although unnecessary since MBAM was never installed).

3. Seeking help (as I said) from Bleeping Computer to see if a virus is stopping MBAM from running- Windows supposed to be clean now.

4. Running mbam chameleon- to no avail.

5. I've seen reports over the internet that installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime would help. I think installation failed but can't be sure about it. No "installation completed" message in the end.

6. I had ESET SS before. Tried uninstalling it totally (normally and afterwards with ESET own uninstaller ESETUninstaller.exe from safe mode) and rebooted- and still the same without any security product installed.

7. Trying this.

8. Applying some fixes (see the topic above from Bleeping Computer).

Notes:

1. Can't run sfc /scannow since I'm connected to this PC via TeamViewer and Windows XP installation disk is not around.

2. Combofix also won't run since it gives an error (Warning!! Do not run ComboFix in Compatibility Mode. Doing so may damage the machine) also from safe mode. Note that this user is the administrator.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks.

Hello and Welcome!

We would need more info on the system....

Please read the following and in your next reply ATTACH the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox

Wow that was a very quick reply, thanks.

Here you go, the files you've requested are attached.

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Hello ItielMaN:

Because of unexplainable activities in the system's Event Log, it would be best to proceed with the following:

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also Copy and Paste (not attach) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not tick, nor untick, any pre-configured FRST categories.

Thank you. :)