Reboot?

A reboot is required usually because the malware is running and using the file, so it has to be rebooted to unlock the file. If you do not reboot, the malware is still active on your system, and could possibly make things worst if you do not take care of it when it is detected.

Currently MBAM requires a reboot for everything, even for a simple thing that is not used nor have ever been loaded.

It wasn't like that before.

I am sorry but I find this hard to believe, I cleaned up a computer yesterday that had about 10 items listed and it did not require a reboot to remove.

• Root Admin

There are some nuances of how we detect and how it's linked that can cause a reboot even though one would not think it would require a reboot. Obviously we can't go into details on the inner workings of the product here but yes sometimes it does require a reboot for simple things.