Updating Issue with new version

Since installing the latest version of MWB a couple of days ago I am no longer able to receive updates while using the computer over our corporate VPN. Proxy settings settings are used regardless of location and this has always worked with previous versions. If I disconnect from the VPN at home and remove the proxy settings I can successfully update.

The error I receive when using the VPN is

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATEING (12163, 0, IsInternetConnected)

No, I can't ping the update site and when I ran a trace route to the update site it actually routes correctly to the vpn but stops there.

My OS is Windows 7 Enterprise X64 and I'm using the built in networking features to create the VPN connection.

VPN is running Windows Server 2003 IAS RRAS

Never had any issues before. If I uninstall the .1200 version and revert back to .1100 it works correctly.

This is going to become a big issue for me when I return to work on Monday as I've updated the VIP's laptops before the weekend.

Please advise.

• Staff

Since installing the latest version of MWB a couple of days ago I am no longer able to receive updates while using the computer over our corporate VPN. Proxy settings settings are used regardless of location and this has always worked with previous versions. If I disconnect from the VPN at home and remove the proxy settings I can successfully update.

The error I receive when using the VPN is

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATEING (12163, 0, IsInternetConnected)

No, I can't ping the update site and when I ran a trace route to the update site it actually routes correctly to the vpn but stops there.

My OS is Windows 7 Enterprise X64 and I'm using the built in networking features to create the VPN connection.

VPN is running Windows Server 2003 IAS RRAS

Never had any issues before. If I uninstall the .1200 version and revert back to .1100 it works correctly.

This is going to become a big issue for me when I return to work on Monday as I've updated the VIP's laptops before the weekend.

Please advise.

Hello.

As a licensed reseller, affiliate, corporate\business, non-profit or government user or tech shop, your current inquiry is eligible for Malwarebytes

• Root Admin

What you can do for now:

• While we review the root cause of this issue you can still download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100 from Filehippo and install the last version before this release and continue to use it.
  • Simply change it so that it does not automatically download Program updates but it will still download database updates just fine.
  • During the installation as it approaches the end it will ask you if you want to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - just uncheck that option as shown

mbam_install_uncheck_updates.png

• Then it will start to launch the program and show you the following dialog box asking to update the database, make sure you click NO

database_out_of_date.png

• Then once the program starts click on the Settings tab and on the bottom click on the Updater Settings tab and uncheck the option that says Download and install program update if available

mbam_1.50.1.1100_uncheck_program_updates.png

• Then click on the Update tab and check for updates and this time it should only check for and download database updates.
  • Keep an eye out on the board and as soon as we have a fix for it we'll post about it.

What you can do for now:

• While we review the root cause of this issue you can still download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100 from Filehippo and install the last version before this release and continue to use it.
  • Simply change it so that it does not automatically download Program updates but it will still download database updates just fine.
  • During the installation as it approaches the end it will ask you if you want to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - just uncheck that option as shown

mbam_install_uncheck_updates.png

• Then it will start to launch the program and show you the following dialog box asking to update the database, make sure you click NO

database_out_of_date.png

• Then once the program starts click on the Settings tab and on the bottom click on the Updater Settings tab and uncheck the option that says Download and install program update if available

mbam_1.50.1.1100_uncheck_program_updates.png

• Then click on the Update tab and check for updates and this time it should only check for and download database updates.
  • Keep an eye out on the board and as soon as we have a fix for it we'll post about it.

• 3 weeks later...

When is the next version being released? I'm not uninstalling and then reinstalling an old version on all of my systems. Unfortunately my customers (teachers) have gone home for the summer today and they will not be able to get updates until September. I am rolling out new computers this summer also, they too are laptops and will be accessing the network via VPN once they get them. I need to tell my boss something. When will this issue be fixed?