Hardware Check Up

Jack421

Yes I have posted on this before but am adding these Sandra reports to see if my hardware is ok! Recently my battery had died after having been in a light drizzle with my laptop in my backpack no water seemed heavily in the backpack but it was moist! I am checking to see if all hardware is ok and not possibly contaminated with water damage. I may take it later to be inspected by a repair shop! I am mostly worried about the condition of the mother board and hard drive! Hard drive seems ok, but I get message 10008 replace hard disk when doing a diagnostic from bios but HD tune and all other software diagnostics from windows read that its in perfect health and normal!

From being in the repair world of computers... what I have seen as far as motherboards and hard drives getting wet....

1. It either gets fried and will no longer work because it shorted out.

2. If properly waited for it to dry out and computer now works fine, more than likely it will be OK. I have used blow dryers and have also used some cloths to absorb the water.

3. If enough water came into contact with the board or hard drive (depending on where you live and the chemicals in your water) sometime after time corrosion builds up on them and eventually will fry the motherboard.

4. I have currently working on my network a laptop that had been left out in the rain, and it has been working fine for over a year. I also have one working that had a cup of coffee spilled on it. I had to replace the keyboard on that one. I also have one that had a coke spilled on it. That one required disassembly and I gave it a bath with some special electronic chemicals spray that will not harm the components.

All the same, its a matter of luck if you tell me.

As for the error you are getting with your hard drive through the BIOS, That bios was probably build for the type of computer you have through the manufacture, so that they could test the components on the system. If this were my computer, I would continue to use it probably until I replaced the computer or it died. I would however ensure I kept good backups....

That's just me....