Scan Single File

To scan a single file, goto the location where the file is located and then Right Click on the file and Scan with Malwarebytes....

That's exactly what I was already doing. But instead of scanning the file, it attempts to scan my system (but I abort the system scan because that's not I want). By the way, when I abort the system scan (by clicking the abort button), Malwarebytes then crashes.

Maybe this is what is causing the problem: I have never done a system scan with Malwarebytes. Does Malwarebytes insist on doing a system scan if it has never done it at least once? I'm just speculating about that. I actually have no idea what the hell is going on. I just know I'm frustrated and annoyed. I've been using computers for many years, and I've never seen this problem with any other anti-virus program.

Here is a more detailed description (along with a screenshot) of what I am experiencing. I right click on a file and click "Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" in the context menu. Then eight seconds goes by, during which mystifyingly nothing happens. Then this window appears (screenshot)...

post-74062-0-32180100-1301092452.png

Hello Dormatio,

It takes MBAM a little while for the database to load, then it will perform the context menu scan on the folder/file you selected to scan.

attached is an image of a context menu scan I performed on a sample image in my pictures folder.

post-60618-0-68163900-1301093523.png