Scanning Profiles

I have three names or username logins on my Windows Vista computer. Do I have to go to each username, update and scan those profiles from within their profile with their own desktop?

Or can I go into Windows Explore and scan their user profile folder?

Or can I just go into my own user profile and that will scan the whole entire computer with all the usernames?

Hello and :P

A quick scan is all that is really needed for a user with admin rights. It will scan all important locations in all profiles, and help you remove any threats.

The only thing that it can't scan is the registry settings for the other profiles that are specific for those users. Even though it can not scan the registry, once the files are removed (IE the infection) once you log-on as one of the other users, the registry key would be invalid so it would not re-infect the computer.

For best results (and its my preference really) I would do a quick scan under each user.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to get an answer from someone who really knows Malwarebytes completely. I just don't want someone's opinion even though I value other's opinion. It's just that I work on people's computers alot and I don't want to spend all my waking hours scanning computers. I want to know what is best for one particular computer with numerous usernames. Heck some of these computers have five usernames on them.

Ok, now, Within Windows Explorer------------if I right click on their user profile folder and choose to scan this way ------------will that scan completely that profile with that profile's registry settings?

With Malwarebytes installed you will have an icon if you right click on any folder on your computer and you choose to "Scan With Malwarebytes"

Is it better to just log into separate profiles and do the scan this way. Or am I repeating a scan of the rest of the computer twice this way.

What I don't want to do is to do a complete scan then log out and log into another profile and scan again then go into another profile and scan again. This is with three profiles of course.

Windows is not loaded or copied three times just because it has three people using the computer with their own profiles.

• Root Admin

If you're using MBAM on multiple computers then you need to have a Corporate License. The use of the product for any type of business use is not free.

With licensing you also receive direct support from Corporate Support via email.

Firefox's advice is correct. Using an Admin account we will remove all known file threats but it's still possible for one of the user account to still have reference to an infection which typically shows as a popup dialog box saying it cannot find file xyz (because we've already removed it).

On a Vista/Win 7 system you must chose Run as administrator in order to use any program that needs access to the entire system.