new virus?

Robertrt

Do not search Google for it unless you want to be pwned by it. This is a nasty program posing as a "cure" and injecting a trojan. They hate us and are doing all they can to cripple MBAM and block access to the website.

Hi Jean! So If results of any program, no matter what the program says you have... Where is a good place to look up the virus? Over the years, I typed into Google the name of the Virus, and have got hits from Major AV vendors out there.

I'm using Trend Micro Internet Security 2009, they have there own website for what you have & how to remove it.

Hi Jean! So If results of any program, no matter what the program says you have... Where is a good place to look up the virus? Over the years, I typed into Google the name of the Virus, and have got hits from Major AV vendors out there.

I'm using Trend Micro Internet Security 2009, they have there own website for what you have & how to remove it.

A search of known reputable AV vendors would be safe. But my point is if you simply search for the rogue, your going to find it. Some people don't know the difference between the good guys and the bad guys. I am thinking of how many will read this thread and be the victim.

A search of known reputable AV vendors would be safe. But my point is if you simply search for the rogue, your going to find it. Some people don't know the difference between the good guys and the bad guys. I am thinking of how many will read this thread and be the victim.

See if you can get your comment pinned in Malwarebytes News! you have a good point, but I think a good AV program will stop it even if its on a search engine? Guess the only other place to look would be on MS?

thx for your reply!

• Root Admin
but I think a good AV program will stop it even if its on a search engine?

You would think so but we've seen people here with that infection that were running just about every type of known AV program and it was able to bypass them as well, that's why they came here.