Will Malewarebytes slow down torrent traffic?

Hello there,

I have website blocking enabled in Malewarebytes, as a result i keep getting notifications about blocked IP's while downloading torrents using Vuze client and i keep adding them to the ignore list. Download speed already feels a bit slower, but i can't tell for sure, maybe it's just placebo effect ..

So does Malewarebytes effect torrent traffic, and should i exit it while downloading torrents?

Running p2p applications well most likely get you infected. As well as pirated software which is illegal.

Well, at the moment I'm just concerned about the speed and only speed. Let's keep safety aside.

Not that i don't care about getting infected, but i want to make sure I'm getting the max possible speed while downloading torrents.

So does MB slow torrents down?

I used uTorrent to download Eclipse SDK for class. Torrent programs are useful when used correctly. You can limit bandwidth (so people watching Netflix on your internet don't get mad...etc)

Anyway, even with the torrent deleted and the program blank, MBAM occasionally pops up with blocked i.p. for utorrent.exe

Nothing is running, what's this about?

Anyway, even with the torrent deleted and the program blank, MBAM occasionally pops up with blocked i.p. for utorrent.exe

Nothing is running, what's this about?

Happens to me too, except I'm using vuze not utorrent. It frequently blocks IP's from Vuze.exe even if I'm not downloading anything.

The only time MBAM might have an effect on download speeds would be if it blocks connections to some peers/nodes, which it will sometimes do since many of them frequently reside on known malware-friendly IP addresses and ranges that we block.

Thanks, that exactly is what i was curious about. Would it be right to add the IP to the ignore list while downloading? And will i still be able to connect to that peer after adding him to the ignore list?