Ignore List Used and MBAM still finds Registry Key

I use Win2000ProSP4 and the free version (1.5.1.1100) of MBAM and I have the same problem with an item in the Ignore List being found each time I do a scan. I do not remember having this problem with the previous version.

It is Registry entry:

H_Key_Classes_Root\regfile\shell\open\command | [default]

I think this key is set by ScriptSentry.

Thanks,

Buffalo

PS: It is just a minor nuisance.

Greetings :)

Please do the following to see if it corrects the issue:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Delete all entries listed there Note: This is very important
  • Perform another Quick Scan with MBAM and once you're viewing the results of the scan, click once on the item you wish to ignore and click Ignore and do the same for any additional items you want ignored
  • When finished, click on Remove Selected (even if there are no more items listed that were detected in the scan)
  • Do one more Quick Scan to verify that the items are now ignored

If that does not work, then please try a clean install as one of MBAM's files may be corrupt:

• Click on Start and select All Programs
  • In the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder, click on Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Once that is complete, perform the steps for ignoring the item again and the settings should be honored.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks ;)

Greetings :)

Please do the following to see if it corrects the issue:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Delete all entries listed there Note: This is very important
  • Perform another Quick Scan with MBAM and once you're viewing the results of the scan, click once on the item you wish to ignore and click Ignore and do the same for any additional items you want ignored
  • When finished, click on Remove Selected (even if there are no more items listed that were detected in the scan)
  • Do one more Quick Scan to verify that the items are now ignored

Did not work. The same item was found. 2 items on the ignore list, one was ignored and the other (listed previously) was not.

If that does not work, then please try a clean install as one of MBAM's files may be corrupt:

• Click on Start and select All Programs
  • In the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder, click on Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Once that is complete, perform the steps for ignoring the item again and the settings should be honored.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks ;)

Did the above exactly (uninstall, cleaner, added to ignore , selected Remove All, deleted items in Ignore List, Quick scan) and exactly the same.

FYI, SAS does not 'hit' on either one of the items.

Thanks,

Buffalo

We have been able to replicate this in house and are working on correcting the problem. Thanks for making us aware of it.

FYI, SAS does not 'hit' on either one of the items.
That's because SAS isn't targetting these non-default policy settings, while we are. We do so because we've seen infections modify these settings.

We have been able to replicate this in house and are working on correcting the problem. Thanks for making us aware of it.

That's because SAS isn't targetting these non-default policy settings, while we are. We do so because we've seen infections modify these settings.

Thanks for the reply and the info. I'm sure you folks learn a lot from the input from your users, even us that just use the free version of MBAM.

I wasn't comparing SAS to MBAM in quality, detection or otherwise, just trying to give some more facts, because I believe that is what is most important in improving a program.

Thanks again for a quick response and a great program.

Buffalo

Thanks for the reply and the info. I'm sure you folks learn a lot from the input from your users, even us that just use the free version of MBAM.
Absolutely, our users are one of our best resources :).
I wasn't comparing SAS to MBAM in quality, detection or otherwise, just trying to give some more facts, because I believe that is what is most important in improving a program.
I know, I just wanted to explain why we do detect these types of policies and settings, as it is a question we get asked quite frequently.
Thanks again for a quick response and a great program.

Buffalo

You're very welcome, and thanks again for helping us find this bug :).

I also just received word from the developers that they have found the cause of the issue and that it will be corrected in the next version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, though I do not know at this time what the release date for the next version will be.

Absolutely, our users are one of our best resources :blink:.

I know, I just wanted to explain why we do detect these types of policies and settings, as it is a question we get asked quite frequently.

You're very welcome, and thanks again for helping us find this bug :blink:.

I also just received word from the developers that they have found the cause of the issue and that it will be corrected in the next version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, though I do not know at this time what the release date for the next version will be.

This sounds similar to the same problem listed by Rod123 in his 12-22-10 posting and the subsequest postings of captfbgnet. Could these be related to some type of 'bug' also? The problem still exists. Tks...

Absolutely, our users are one of our best resources :blink:.

You're very welcome, and thanks again for helping us find this bug :blink:.

Looking forward to the new version.

Thank you again for the prompt reply and the testing and resulting action. :huh:

Buffalo