mbamnet.dll & mbamcore - Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic13.YXM ?

Hello all!

In case you do not have this already set for exclusions:

To exclude using AVG 2011:

Step 1: Run AVG

Step 2: Click Tools->Advanced Settings

Step 3: Click on the side-bar Resident Shield-> Excluded Items

Step 4.1: Add Path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\

Step 4.2: Add File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mbam.sys

Step 4.3: Add File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mbamswissarmy.sys

Step 5: Click Apply and OK.

I tried all the suggestions in this thread without success. I finally rolled back to version 1.46 and had success. This does not make me comfortable with installing upcoming new releases as an early adopter. I am disappointed in Malwarebytes. We own two licenses here at home, but I am not sure I would pay for it again. :D

This was not caused by Malwarebytes' but by AVG and their updates, so why talk bad towards Malwarebytes'??????

I also have 2 Pro Versions of Mbam and a Free version installed on a Test PC and have never had any issues with none of them.

Now, I do not use AVG either, you can see that from my signature below. All exclusions were added and well no probs whatsoever!

Thank You, :D

I tried the fix from the second post in the thread and got Malwarebytes running again. I updated and scanned and Malwarebytes found nothing. But, when I scanned with AVG again, it pulled the same files out of Malwarebytes. I restored the files again from the virus vault. I'm leaving AVG running but not scanning with it for a few days so maybe the AVG folks will get this fixed.

Yea robin thats the same thing for me My malwarebytes runs fine its just the avg scan when i run it, it finds the malwarebytes false alert. i am also leaving my avg running and not disableing it, it only shows the detection when ever i run a scan from avg. So hopefully avg will have the problem fixed soon as seeing it is a problem on there end with todays update.

• Root Admin

@Justice11407

Thank you for your concern and desire to assist others however please do not post email contents on public forums.

The issue is that AVG had a false positive that was removing our files as posted in many posts here on the board now. AVG should have it either fixed now or very soon so please check for AVG updates which should then stop detecting our files.

Thank you again.

Well, if it happens again I'll add back the exception. I'm gonna give AVG the benefit of the doubt though here b/c i've been running malwarebytes and avg together for years now and never had this problem. I'd rather not allow an exception to any of my folders on my computer b/c u never know when an actual virus might try to attack that particular folder and take advantage of the exception u made or just attack that folder at random then u are really screwed!