mbamnet.dll & mbamcore - Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic13.YXM ?

hi folks - i dont know if its related but i just updated MBAM yesterday (the update downloaded new version / required restart)

AVGs (my antivirus) Resident Shield is jumping out waring me abou the following threats ...

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamnet.dll ( it shows two instances of this one )

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamcore.dll ( it shows three instances of this one )

i just sent sent an email to support with my reference number in hopes of hearing back but would like to do my part in the meantime.

can anyone advise as to how i should proceed please.

thanks all.

also if this is a false positive - what are the /dlls mentioned above for?

thanks all.

Hello bambam and :D

Please see the Faq thread HERE on how to add files and folder exclusions of Malwarebytes' to AVG.

Please try this even if you did this with previous versions of MBAM as the new version has new signatures that your Anti-Virus needs to reset to allow again

Please post back to let us know how things went

Thank You, :lol:

thank you guys - and sorry for the delay in responding ....

thank you Wide Glide & shadowwar,

yes - that did indeed do the trick.

@ Scotian,

if you were getting the same as me and were following the thread for a solution - the suggestions given worked but if youve tried and still not successful - the only thing i can think of maybe is to make sure that avg does not have any mbam stuff quarantined.

disable resident shield, check your virus vault and restore items back from there - and then try once again to create the exceptions.

g'd luck

thank you guys - and sorry for the delay in responding ....

thank you Wide Glide & shadowwar,

yes - that did indeed do the trick.

@ Scotian,

if you were getting the same as me and were following the thread for a solution - the suggestions given worked but if youve tried and still not successful - the only thing i can think of maybe is to make sure that avg does not have any mbam stuff quarantined.

disable resident shield, check your virus vault and restore items back from there - and then try once again to create the exceptions.

g'd luck

@bambam

I have had similar problems a few weeks ago with updating MBAM and the tech team eventually fixed it.

I have AVG10 and when I try to follow the procedure to ADD the exceptions under Resident Shield I have a file called Excluded Items but none called Exceptions.

Please bear with me here as I may be missing something crucial as i am not in the first flush of youth and certainly i am not a software engineer.

I sincerely hope I do not have to do this every other time I get an update.

Hi i have the same problem with avg finding the

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamnet.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamcore.dll

I followed the instructions and i think i did it right i can run and open malewarebytes, but still when i scan with AVG 9.0 free it still shows up with thos files infected. did i do something wrong.

@Scotian,

yes - exlusion / exception, same thing and no - once the exxeption / exclusion is created - you wont go through that everytime you get an update ...

@ogmiii & cains ....

instead of trying to exclude / create exception for any SPECIFIC file thats part of MBAM - what i did was i created the exception / exclusion (same thing) for .....

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\

in my avg ....

tools > advanced settings > in the left pane after collapsing Resident Shield - i have three items listed there "Advanced Settings", "Directory Excludes", & "Excluded Files" ....

I selected "Directory Excludes" > selected "add path" > navigated to ......

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ > and pressed okay.

hope that clears some things up and helps someone.

@Scotian,

yes - exlusion / exception, same thing and no - once the exxeption / exclusion is created - you wont go through that everytime you get an update ...

@ogmiii & cains ....

instead of trying to exclude / create exception for any SPECIFIC file thats part of MBAM - what i did was i created the exception / exclusion (same thing) for .....

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\

in my avg ....

tools > advanced settings > in the left pane after collapsing Resident Shield - i have three items listed there "Advanced Settings", "Directory Excludes", & "Excluded Files" ....

I selected "Directory Excludes" > selected "add path" > navigated to ......

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ > and pressed okay.

hope that clears some things up and helps someone.

In my directoty excludes i have C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ listed along with

C:\programdata\malwarebytes\ and i just did another scan with avg and its still saying thos two files are infected.

I ran AVG this morning and it picked up QTTask.exe and the Malwarebytes files as Trojans and moved them to the virus vault. At first I could not figure out how to restore them from the virus vault so I uninstalled and reinstalled Malwarebytes, but it still won't run because it's missing the mbamcore file and AVG keeps popping up and telling me that the mbamnet.dll file is a virus. I tell it to ignore it every time it happens. It only happens when I try to run Malwarebytes. Suggestions?

I ran AVG this morning and it picked up QTTask.exe and the Malwarebytes files as Trojans and moved them to the virus vault. At first I could not figure out how to restore them from the virus vault so I uninstalled and reinstalled Malwarebytes, but it still won't run because it's missing the mbamcore file and AVG keeps popping up and telling me that the mbamnet.dll file is a virus. I tell it to ignore it every time it happens. It only happens when I try to run Malwarebytes. Suggestions?

Oh yeah I did eventually find the virus vault and restore the two Malwarebytes files but I'm still having the same problem.

here i found a post on AVG website so avg should know about it now and i hope they will fix the problem in some way it is very anoying . i can atleast run and use my malwarebytes its just anoying when i scan with avg i still get the two warninings.

http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum...w&id=139561

The other weird thing is in my excluded files i have the files that it says are infected excluded.

I followed them precisely and was able to find every other (folder or file) and exclude them,

Those two didn't show in the locations where they should have been?

Any other ideas?

Look in the Faq thread HERE and under

Step 1: Show Hidden Files and Folders:

Follow the instructions and then you should be able to find the files/folders, :lol:

I have been working on the same issue with my 2 computers most of the day. The easiest way to handle this is to temporarily disable AVG. Install the latest version of malwarebytes, add the path to malwarebytes in the exclusion list of AVG, then re-enable AVG. I tried this on both computers and it works fine.

I have been working on the same issue with my 2 computers most of the day. The easiest way to handle this is to temporarily disable AVG. Install the latest version of malwarebytes, add the path to malwarebytes in the exclusion list of AVG, then re-enable AVG. I tried this on both computers and it works fine.

how did you disable AVG ? did you just turn off the resident shield or what ? and when you say install latest verison of malwarebytes you mean just do the run update in the menu?

Hello all!

To Temporarily disable AVG:

With AVG running:

Tools-> Advanced Settings

In the side-bar Click 'Temporarily disable AVG protection'

Click the Check Box 'Temporarily disable AVG protection'

Click Apply, then for the time period you can set to 10 minutes.

Click Disable real Time protection.

To Re-enable after (before the 10 minute disable finishes) Click the 'Temporarily disable AVG protection' Tab again and un-check the Box for 'Temporarily disable AVG protection'

Click Apply and OK. AVG should be back up.

here i found a post on AVG website so avg should know about it now and i hope they will fix the problem in some way it is very anoying . i can atleast run and use my malwarebytes its just anoying when i scan with avg i still get the two warninings.

http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum...w&id=139561

I tried the fix from the second post in the thread and got Malwarebytes running again. I updated and scanned and Malwarebytes found nothing. But, when I scanned with AVG again, it pulled the same files out of Malwarebytes. I restored the files again from the virus vault. I'm leaving AVG running but not scanning with it for a few days so maybe the AVG folks will get this fixed.