automated mails sent from hotmail

hello,

I ran into heavy privacy abuse as I may call it.

During the past hour 6 automated mails about a new version of world of warcraft, all with the same title and contents, were sent from my hotmail address to several other addresses.

I am not a gamer and I don't have the game or an illegal version installed on my pc.

Is this a matter of 'just' an infected pc or is something else going on?

I haven't been able to change my password yet sinds the reference e-mail is outdated and the confirmation mails to recent addresses don't come through.

I just found out that the spam like mails are even sent while I am not logged in!

many email worms & spambots cause that type of behavior I recommend you have one of our Experts check it out

please follow All the instructions below and an Expert will assist you

• Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • Then post a NEW topic here.
    One of the Expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic

and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
  • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Additionally

As a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via this help desk link Here -

Our online experts will be able to assess your problem further

If you're a Corporate or Technician Licensed customer seeking assistance:

Please send an email to Corporate Support Team <corporate-support@malwarebytes.org> with your Cleverbridge order reference number and they will assist you.

Thanks for your answer, malware bytes is running

I just tried mailwasher but unfortunately it can only be used for pop3 like e-mail.

What's the difference between msn and regular hotmail?

I searched for blocking options but only incoming mail can be blocked or filtered.

Go to your inbox, Look for Options, drop down to more Options Look for Preventing junk email then look for Safe & Blocked Senders, click on that, enter the address of the sender you want blocked.....

Right Now I would go up to Post number # 3 and follow those instructions -- see that you did not catch anything....

Yes, those posts crossed eachother, i'll post to the hijack this forum.

I cannot use the hotmail filters since all the mails are sent in my name and using my e-mail address to only different receivers.

It's all outgoing.

thanks for all the help so far.