Error: MBAM_ERROR_ADD_TO_RESULTS (0,28)

Had an older ThinkPad in the shop here that kept getting this error toward the end of a scan (quick or full, it didn't matter): MBAM_ERROR_ADD_TO_RESULTS (0,28)

I ran HJT, GMER rootkit scanner, etc., but the system seems quite clean. I gave it back to the customer 'cuz he needed it for the weekend, but it still bugs me that I couldn't get my beloved MBAM to finish a scan properly. Tried it in both normal and safe modes. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing worked, this error always appeared, and then the program itself would just disappear right off the screen. Bizzarro!

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this problem, or is it just an anomaly I saw?

Hello Jimbo Slice, :):)

it is quite possible there is some sort of malware on there since it makes Malwarebytes just disappear as you stated... You should seek help from the experts.

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

If you are a corporate customer please send an email to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org. (NOTE: An order number is required for corporate support.)

Also, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button or erase what the person you are replying to said, as this makes the forum easier to read.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you :)

thanks for the reply, Firefox...

...but, as I said, I already ran HiJackThis and GMER; I honestly think the PC is infection-free, although I can't say for certain because the user had to steal it away from me before I could go any further with it. You can feel free to close this topic, since I will probably not have access to the machine in question again (unless he calls me Monday morning screaming that it's full of virus pop-ups!).

It's the first time I've seen this particular error; and I have installed MBAM on many, many, many (hundreds of) infected machines... that's why I think it may just have something to do with some strange, unique hardware or software conflict on this particular ThinkPad. Oh well, I just thought I'd throw it out there... better luck next time, i guess!

Kudos to all you Malwarebytes' forum warriors! Have a great weekend!

J-Slice

Hi Jimbo-

This is why we have the experts section - The results can also help our guys find out why we get these errors -

If they are just left to go on then we never know the results even if you do find the what problem was -

Please post back if you solve this and let us know the outcome, even if it was a hardware problem -

Thank You - :)

I just downloaded the free program and received the same error. I first tried quick scan and it threw the error. Then I clicked full scan, and made sure my drive was checked, and got the error again. I was just running a second scan. ZoneAlarm ran a complete scan and found a couple of virus (some attached to files which were very old...) and I wanted to be sure by running a second scan with Malwarebytes.

Let me suggest, if you have purchased MBAM , you contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Alternatively, Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Please post there Gmer.txt log

the DDS logs

Don't post your logs here.