Command Line Parameters

Start /wait c:\mbam-setup.exe /verysilent /norestart

cd "c:\Program files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\"

PING 1.1.1.1 -n 10 -w 1000 >NUL

Start Mbam.exe /register blah blah-blah-blah-blah /update -silent /quickscan -silent -remove -reboot

That's my batch file, what am I doing wrong?

I have the PING portion as a delay in the batch file...

I'm trying to set this up to install silently, update silently, run and remove silently then reboot if needed. I know once its installed why install again, It's just something i want to get it to do...

I did search around the forums before I posted but I wasn't able to get this to happen..

This sounds like you are trying to do some stuff in the corporate environment.... please contact corporate-support@malwarebytes.org

with you full contact info and they will be able to help you.

Nothing in the corporate environment... just private use. It's only on my computer and I'm just a batch file ######... ill message them but as I said I only run it on my unit. I wasn't sure where to get a more extensive list of the commandline parameters. Any help would be appreciated. I've already written a java script file to hide the batch file window so the working batch file is all I'm missing...

have you tried having a look at the Malwarebytes AntiMalware Help file?

Yea I read through it and that's why I'm having issues... I feel like its all coded the right way but to no avail... does /verysilent /norestart still work?

You can only use one command line argument that starts with a slash ('/') at a time, so it would need to be something like what is in the following code box:

cd "\Program files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\"
mbam.exe /register <id> <key>
mbam.exe /update -silent
mbam.exe /scan -quick -silent -remove -reboot

Start /wait c:\fix-it\mbam.exe /verysilent /norestart

cd "c:\Program files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\"

PING 1.1.1.1 -n 30 -w 1000 >NUL

RD C:\Fix-it /S /Q

mbam.exe /register Blah blah-blah-blah-blah

mbam.exe /update -silent

mbam.exe /quickscan -silent -remove -reboot

That seems to work perfect!

That seems to work perfect!

I see you figured it out. :D

mbam.exe and mbam-setup.exe a very much different in how they accept command line arguments. The installer can only be executed once, so it must accept more than one command line argument in a single run.

Curious where you got this entry as it has only been sent to Corporate users. Also why would anyone need a batch file to install on a single computer in such a fashion?

PING 1.1.1.1 -n 10 -w 1000 >NUL

Oh well... glad you got it going and are set again.

Doing an internet search for "batch file delays" will lead you to several sites suggesting ping... as for my batch file, I alpha test all kinds of software as a job, so I see the buggyest I'd software and often reformat 2 to 3 times a week... my job is to find the major problematic issues and create solutions for them... :-)

Doing an internet search for "batch file delays" will lead you to several sites suggesting ping... as for my batch file, I alpha test all kinds of software as a job, so I see the buggyest I'd software and often reformat 2 to 3 times a week... my job is to find the major problematic issues and create solutions for them... :-)

Why not just create an image of the drive after installing and configuring everything? Granted you have to update those images every now and then, but that's easier than reinstalling everything each time.