MBA v1.45 protection for autorun.inf files in USB drives

Gooday mates:

Sometime ago a mate was infected with "Worm:Win32/Vobfus.F" through a USB drive contaminated; additionally he had installed MBA full (real time protection) and MBA was totally innocuous :rolleyes: about it. Finally, it was removed with MSS essentials. That issue was posted here

So, Does the new MBA v1.45 have protection for malicious autorun.inf files?

Thank you ;)

Hey Mate -

Your antivirus is designed to remove or isolate certain infections - Malwarebytes is designed to compliment your antivirus program - It is, and never was, designed to replace it - You NEED both to do the job - So it is no guarantee to remove all problems -

Thanks - :rolleyes:

I just tested and found this to work correctly: my auto-running application was blocked by our Protection Module. So there should be no further issues with realtime protection and removable drives (or dynamic drives, if you were one of the people who had previous issues with dynamic drives).

We have improved protection for removable drives a great deal with this version (1.45), particularly on newer OSes (XP SP2+) that support removable drive filtering. I believe we should have no problems catching USB drive infections in realtime protection now.

Thats great news!

Swandog46:

That's the kind of news that I want to hear about you. Good on you guys and keep it going.

I reckon that MBA is a class apart organization with high standards through out all areas, so I cannot expect less from you (and I think that I'm talking for several MBA users). because I get used to your efficiency. :)

hey Swandog, when you come to Melbourne I'll invite you to Gold Fingers.... ha ha ha :)

see ya guys !