SiteHound Discussion

laserjet

I dumped SiteAdvisor long ago and replaced it with Sitehound which is much better IMO.

SiteHound Download for IE and FF

I have had problems with SiteHound really slowing down my XP Home system that I won a free licence from Calendar of Updates ages ago. I requested the key to try the updated version of SiteHound 10 days ago and have not heard back from them since.

Read my dealings with Firetrust regarding my free licence of MailWasher I won at a competition at hpHosts forum:

http://forum.hosts-file.net/viewtopic.php?...886f55963c53c87

I requested the key to try the updated version of SiteHound 10 days ago and have not heard back from them since.

To be fair, Chris sent your key, and is going to look into why you haven't received it yet, as he mentioned to you on your thread at hpHosts (Chris is very reliable when it comes to replying). In this specific case, it is more than possible that the e-mail simply got "lost in the post" as it were (it's been known to happen), or was caught by a spam filter or some such somewhere between his end and yours.

To be fair, Chris sent your key, and is going to look into why you haven't received it yet, as he mentioned to you on your thread at hpHosts (Chris is very reliable when it comes to replying). In this specific case, it is more than possible that the e-mail simply got "lost in the post" as it were (it's been known to happen), or was caught by a spam filter or some such somewhere between his end and yours.
I never received any key info in my email and I have purposefully kept all corespondence with Firetrust in plain text files as Outlook Express could become corupted as it is wont to do.

is site hound freeware? ok its not and for ie7 and firefox forget it too expensive, checked your extensions finjans and no script look like something thats handy thanks

Hello laserjet,

SiteHound is both freeware and shareware.

You can see what is the difference between the free version and the registered version if you scroll down this page here.

@Kenny

I can get in touch with Chris about your key for Sitehound if you would like me to.

Just PM me. :angry:

Hello laserjet,

SiteHound is both freeware and shareware.

You can see what is the difference between the free version and the registered version if you scroll down this page here.

@Kenny

I can get in touch with Chris about your key for Sitehound if you would like me to.

Just PM me. :angry:

I sent a PM.

I am trying SiteHound on my XP Pro system and it has slowed down IE7 to a snail's pace ^_^

I'll use it for a while and post back more info when I get the keys.

I un-installed SiteAdvisor and performance is acceptable.

So I guess its just like running two active anti virus scanners where they tend to interfere with each other.

I found this out by using the System Explorer application as it showed SA consuming 100% CPU.

I'll resend my request.

is site hound freeware? ok its not and for ie7 and firefox forget it too expensive, checked your extensions finjans and no script look like something thats handy thanks

SiteHound has a freeware version and is compatable with IE7 and Firefox 1.5. Firefox is totally free.

@YoKenny I use both SH & SA with FF and have no slow down at all.

@YoKenny I use both SH & SA with FF and have no slow down at all.
What are the specifications of the system that SA and SH works well on?

The XP Home system is a 2.4GHZ P4 with 512MB RAM.

I received the keys from Chris and its working well but there is a bit of a slowdown on the first load of IE7 as SH activates but its fine after that.

What are the specifications of the system that SA and SH works well on?

The XP Home system is a 2.4GHZ P4 with 512MB RAM.

I received the keys from Chris and its working well but there is a bit of a slowdown on the first load of IE7 as SH activates but its fine after that.

Well, I have XP Pro 1.5 GHZ 1 gig of RAM. As HardHead says it will slow the system during an update, depending how much other stuff I have going at the time.