Is MBAM enough

Given my setup of on-access protection, including LnS, MVPS Hosts, Sandboxie (with Opera and Miranda given sole access), Router, Server-side email mlaware scanning, and WinPatrol Pro, would this AM be suitable as a replacement for a resident AV?

Thanks.

• Root Admin

No it would not be. Anti-Virus deals with many similar and different items that AM do not address.

Chances are you probably would not get anything but it's possible. AV addresses all types of vbscript attacks as well that many of the AM do not.

Unless you take preventive measures to allow quick accurate restore from backup then I would not forgo an Anti-Virus product.

Given my setup of on-access protection, including LnS, MVPS Hosts, Sandboxie (with Opera and Miranda given sole access), Router, Server-side email mlaware scanning, and WinPatrol Pro, would this AM be suitable as a replacement for a resident AV?

Thanks.

Unless you take preventive measures to allow quick accurate restore from backup then I would not forgo an Anti-Virus product.

Agreed. Unless you are one of the few who like to restore your system from a Ghost image once a week or once a month, then never forgo an anti-virus product.

Oh you have LnS listed, never heard of them. :P

Really? It is a fantastic rule-based firewall. It doesn't do anything but be a barrier between me and the net; no popup blocking, no ad or cookie blocking, etc. As is the case withh all rule-based firewalls, LnS is no better than the ruleset that is used with it. PM me is you want to know more. Check it out here.

Assuming you do not create a "allow all other connections through / deny all other connections" rule / ruleset, does it prompt the user / can it be set to prompt the user when a heretofore unseen program attempts to gain access to the outside world / attempts to establish a connection to a machine on a LAN from outside the network?

Assuming you do not create a "allow all other connections through / deny all other connections" rule / ruleset, does it prompt the user / can it be set to prompt the user when a heretofore unseen program attempts to gain access to the outside world / attempts to establish a connection to a machine on a LAN from outside the network?

Actually, the way LnS works, applications and the ruleset function independently. So, the rule you described needs to be enabled. It will have no effect on whether or not a user is prompted to allow applications to access the internet. The only way the user will noit be prompted is if LnS is locked via password protection, but even then applications that have an m5d checksum that has changed are prompted again.

post-2056-1208403838_thumb.png

post-2056-1208403845_thumb.png

post-2056-1208403852_thumb.png

post-2056-1208403838_thumb.png

post-2056-1208403845_thumb.png

post-2056-1208403852_thumb.png