Malwarebytes Question

Many of the times when I fix friends and customers computers I have to boot into safe mode just to get windows loaded up. As many of you know safe mode does not have an internet connection so I cant update the malwarebytes definitions.

Can I simply copy and paste the files inside the program files>malwarebytes folder and add them to the computer that is running in safe mode? This should update the definition data base? Yes?

@ peck1234 -

There is usually the option to select Safe Mode With Networking by using the 'up/down' keys - (This may also depend on your version and problem) -

I have used it to download,(XP SP3) when I had problems connecting in Normal Mode - You should look next time that you boot in Safe Mode -

The link exile360 has left is for when this option can not be selected or if you need to transfer to a computer with no internet connection -

Just an extra to assist you in future times -

Thank You - ;)

• Staff
@ peck1234 -

There is usually the option to select Safe Mode With Networking by using the 'up/down' keys - (This may also depend on your version and problem) -

This is not advisable as most security software does not load fully in this mode, leaving you fully exposed to downloading of additional malware.